The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Have to feel sorry for Ireland thou

Why? He was born in Solihull which is not in Ireland

I think he may just be showing empathy to a side who the player has represented through every age group and who might have thought he was theirs.  That's all.

Yep, that's it

I'm a small man in many ways. A small petty man. 

**** him. What I find most galling is that he was happy for the FAI to bring him over for training camps at all under age levels, pay his way all through this - the thinking being that the players we organise these camps for and tournaments for will feed into the senior team - and not only that, pay the way of all players around him in the hope that one of them would turn into a decent player for the senior team, and then when one of them does, he switches allegiance.

Like an Irish guy sitting at a slot machine in some English pub on his holidays. There all day feeding the machine, then in comes the local big hard man, saunters over to the slot machine, pulls the Irish chap off it with one arm, sticks in a pound with the other and takes home the jackpot. All is fair in love, war and international football declaration. 

Can't say I'm a massive fan of many, if any, of the people associated with Aston Villa these days.

Fair enough choice from him as the only reason he was playing for Ire was his parents pushing him as a young un. At least we get a larger bag of money when he moves now.

How long before the first kiss&tell in the sun?

Oh, and I'll now boo and laugh my ass off at you a few times year Jack!

Him choosing to represent England probably adds £10m at least to his value the day he decides to move on from Villa.

(Unless he goes all Michael Johnson on us...)

Have to feel sorry for Ireland thou

We be OK, we still have Aidan McGeady :p

• Like 1

Why is he getting so much abuse for this? He is English after all.

Not that I'm over the moon about it - he'll get tapped up eventually no doubt.

He's not really. A few Irish people seem to feel a bit miffed, which is understandable given that he's played for them at every level of youth football.

But I think pretty much everyone understands that he's English. It would be different if he was born and raised in Ireland, played for them and then declared for England because he qualified through his grandparents.

But this way round I think most people understand his choice.

Good luck to him. I think ever since he turned down the call up from ireland it's been pretty obvious he was going to choose England.

• Like 1

Â