The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I have such high hopes for him, but he needs to be dropped in favour of Gil, and bringing in another midfielder. Perhaps brought on as his sub. He is having virtually no impact at the moment, and little penetration into the area. I am disappointed in him this season, and we cannot really afford to carry anyone, and need to make choices for the sake of the team.

Edited by AntrimBlack
  • Like 1

I have such high hopes for him, but he needs to be dropped in favour of Gil, and bringing in another midfielder. Perhaps brought on as his sub. He is having virtually no impact at the moment, and little penetration into the area. I am disappointed in him this season, and we cannot really afford to carry anyone, and need to make choices for the sake of the team.

what impact and penetration did Gil have yesterday? 

couldnt agree more I am afraid.

Could do with learning how to make a tackle and challenge for high balls while he is rested.

• Like 1

He is learning his trade, but playing like he has arrived, but without the bits that are synonymous with a seasoned professional....I was tempted to say diva, but I will refrain form that on the basis of his age....He needs to mature.

Despite his obvious talent, he is one of a number of players putting the team at risk atm.....whilst we are scrapping for points he needs a rest.

too passive, needs to get stuck in more.

• Like 2

I agree, he is a fabulous talent but I would put him on the bench for a few games and bring somebody else into midfield.  I think Gil is playing well and has the position for me over Jack.  I think the team can accommodate both when we are playing well but at the moment when we are struggling for confidence I think we need to lock up midfield more 

• Like 2

Carrying players is an old chesnut

This game today.....you have to be "at it"  and the premier league shows that up..... oh so well.

When a winger is " at it" or on his game like Mahrez or Montero they are the last players you would leave out.....All football fans love wingers.....Alf Ramsey was wise enough to know that if they are not " at it" they easily turn in to passengers and when you are trying to win a world cup in your own back yard its a risk he wasn't prepared to take.

Right now our central midfielders are being overrun, for many reasons..... wingers not winging and strikers not striking.

Football is rarely the fault of one player or one person.....But hard graft and a good old Fight, can blow a few dark clouds away and let the sunshine wingers back in.

I am not saying Gil Is better than Grealish they are different, but both lightweight by definition, we don't want to lose their creativity, but right now, 2 is a luxury we can't afford.

I would go with Gil  for more maturity and a more defined threat IMO....Jack has a bit more learning to do and now might not be the right time to do it.

These young kids need to be firing/making effect or be chaperoned.....I ain't sure we have the chaperones at present.

This game today.....you have to be "at it"  and the premier league shows that up..... oh so well.

When a winger is " at it" or on his game like Mahrez or Montero they are the last players you would leave out.....All football fans love wingers.....Alf Ramsey was wise enough to know that if they are not " at it" they easily turn in to passengers and when you are trying to win a world cup in your own back yard its a risk he wasn't prepared to take.

Right now our central midfielders are being overrun, for many reasons..... wingers not winging and strikers not striking.

Football is rarely the fault of one player or one person.....But hard graft and a good old Fight, can blow a few dark clouds away and let the sunshine wingers back in.

I am not saying Gil Is better than Grealish they are different, but both lightweight by definition, we don't want to lose their creativity, but right now, 2 is a luxury we can't afford.

I would go with Gil  for more maturity and a more defined threat IMO....Jack has a bit more learning to do and now might not be the right time to do it.

These young kids need to be firing/making effect or be chaperoned.....I ain't sure we have the chaperones at present.

This modern game today.....you have to be "at it"  and the premier league shows that up..... oh so well.

I'm sure that Sherwood's fear was that Blose would try to wind the Villa fan Grealish up, and he'll end up getting sent off. As it happens, it wasn't really a blood and thunder game, but Jack and Jordan made us look like a proper team in that second half.

Â