The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Gutted for Ireland tbh because of the player that he is, but I completely understand his decision and there are certainly no hard feelings.  Probably played underage for us out of pressure from parents and the fringe benefit of getting picked every game - and the fact there are no long-term consequences to doing so.  But when your entire international future must be decided, you go with your gut.

He's certainly good enough that he won't regret the decision and end up as a 2-cap wonder.

The worry now for Villa I suppose is how long before some jumped up top 4 word removed turns his head on England duty as always happens.  Being a Villa fan will hopefully buy us a few more years out of him.

Now that all of that is out of the way, here's to seeing an even better Jack turn out for the claret & blue.

• Like 1

Interesting tweet listed on the BBC Sport site:

I've been reliably informed that Jack Grealish has elected to play for England because it makes more "commercial sense" to do so. Great 12:09 p.m. - 28 September 2015

That is probably the logic of 99.9% of footballers these days anyway. like Bri said I expect someone on international break will turn his head eventually, thats why we need to get him on a long term contract with no release clause asap

Him choosing to represent England probably adds £10m at least to his value the day he decides to move on from Villa.

(Unless he goes all Michael Johnson on us...)

Have to feel sorry for Ireland thou

Him choosing to represent England probably adds £10m at least to his value the day he decides to move on from Villa.

Didn't work that way with the Snake though...

Hopefully Grealish doesn't have a set price release clause in his contract as Delph did

Interesting tweet listed on the BBC Sport site:

I've been reliably informed that Jack Grealish has elected to play for England because it makes more "commercial sense" to do so. Great 12:09 p.m. - 28 September 2015

I can certainly understand that, but does not auger well for Aston Villa that he chooses with his head and not his heart.

Have to feel sorry for Ireland thou

Why? He was born in Solihull which is not in Ireland

I think he may just be showing empathy to a side who the player has represented through every age group and who might have thought he was theirs.  That's all.

• Like 2

This "tapping up" nonsense is getting a bit silly. 

There's a reason players who play for England are more likely to get a move than English players who don't and it's nothing to do with being tapped up. It's all to do with the reason they're England squad in the first place - because they're good.

• Like 1

Â