The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

20 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

my biggest complaint against Jack is that he too often slows the attack.  in the clips posted above by Jas10 he looks amazing because he is pushing the pace in every one of them.  an equally impressive series of clips from LW could be made by just selecting times he was pushing the pace.  

C'mon lad, put those calves to use!

But, if I could dream, I would like to see Jack CM with two strong wingers and an active runner up top. (Watkins and Traore may well be two of the three but too early to tell)  but only if he will relentlessly push the pace of the attack.  The idea that popped into my head while writing this, is.... I wonder if playing on the wing almost encourages him to slow down and look around, wait for help.  Playing CM in heavier traffic might force him to play more quickly.

I think he has to slow down when the players around him are comparatively so poor and lack ideas, invention & belief. No one making decent runs either or they just lose the balls so often and so easily.

Get better players around him & he will be even more effective and decisive and our general game & tempo will speed up too.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I think he has to slow down when the players around him are comparatively so poor and lack ideas, invention & belief. No one making decent runs either or they just lose the balls so often and so easily.

Get better players around him & he will be even more effective and decisive and our general game & tempo will speed up too.

In addition to what you say they lack footballing intelligence therefore they are not on the same wavelength.

25 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

my biggest complaint against Jack is that he too often slows the attack.  in the clips posted above by Jas10 he looks amazing because he is pushing the pace in every one of them.  an equally impressive series of clips from LW could be made by just selecting times he was pushing the pace.  

But, if I could dream, I would like to see Jack CM with two strong wingers and an active runner up top. (Watkins and Traore may well be two of the three but too early to tell)  but only if he will relentlessly push the pace of the attack.  The idea that popped into my head while writing this, is.... I wonder if playing on the wing almost encourages him to slow down and look around, wait for help.  Playing CM in heavier traffic might force him to play more quickly.

Here’s an example of him putting those calves to use 😆:

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=510137473097683&_rdr

The lad has it all really, he just needs able assistance.

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

to a certain extent, you are absolutely correct.  What bothers me about this argument is that it's true of everyone and everything.  I'm a better teacher with better students around me.  I'm a better player with better players around me. I'm a better driver with better drivers around me.  I'm a better referee with better AR's.  I truly believe that if Jack would push the tempo more, he would make the players around him better.  so, while you're absolutely correct, there is also a bit of the chicken and the egg thing going on.  

Speed it up Jack.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

The issue is we lack the movement in and around for him to make the pass quickly so he slows it down for players to catch up to really. Last season the only times I can remember us counter attacking properly was against Newcastle where Jack should have put el ghazi through about 4 times but didn't and against arsenal for our win when keinan missed the chance. 

• Like 1

Just saw this piece on Grealish. He’s apparently donated £2,000 to help pay for former teammate Lewis Kinsella’s operation to help out Aldershot

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54310273

Aldershot Town's Lewis Kinsella has raised more than £11,000 to pay his club back after suffering a second serious knee injury in 12 months.

And the full-back has been helped in his quest to fund his operation by a £2,000 donation from his former Aston Villa team-mate Jack Grealish.

Kinsella, 26, was left in tears after rupturing his medial collateral knee ligament in his first game back earlier in September.

He now faces at least six months out.

Before the injury against Ebbsfleet United on 19 September, Kinsella had not played for the previous six months - but he has now raised £11,000 in less than a week to help National League side Aldershot pay for the operation and for his rehabilitation. He had set an initial target of £10,000.

"When you're injured its really tough," he told BBC Sport. "But setting up the fundraiser has been brilliant and all the messages that I've had has really pushed me on.

"It has been a horrendous time for non-league clubs and I would like to do as much as I can to help the club financially.

"The club have done a lot for me over the past three years."

The 2020-21 National League season is due to begin on 3 October, though it is in talks with the government and the Football Association over financial support.

The start of the non-league campaign was pushed back in July when the government said spectators could be able to return to stadiums from October.

However, that plan for elite sport - which includes the three divisions of the National League - has now been postponed amid a rise in coronavirus cases.

"I know how much of a struggle it is at non-league level and the mountain of volunteers the National League and the non league rely on," added Kinsella.

"And with what's going on with Covid we're not allowed fans in at our level. I thought if I can raise some money and pay back the club for funding my operation then it means I am helping the club in my own little way.

"Jack Grealish donated £2,000, which is amazing. I didn't even ask him or anything, I just put it up and I got a message through on my family group chat asking if I'd seen how much he's donated.

"We were in the same youth team at Villa growing up together, then in the reserve team together, then a bit in the first team together. We just became really good mates and we've been on holiday together and still keep in touch.

"There have been lots of donations from Villa fans and Aldershot Town fans and lots of people from the non-league world."

Well done Jack :) 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Just saw this piece on Grealish. He’s apparently donated £2,000 to help pay for former teammate Lewis Kinsella’s operation to help out Aldershot

Yep, I saw that too. Top lad. Not the first time he’s made a sizeable donation to a worthy cause either. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apart from two dodgy passes that could have been costly he was quality once again.  He is our Mahrez and Watkins will become our Vardy.  Luiz our Kante. 

The league is ours!!

That first dodgy pass was Bannan esq 🤣 good performance but he should have scored 2, its easy to hold higher standards for jack at times

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apart from two dodgy passes that could have been costly he was quality once again.  He is our Mahrez and Watkins will become our Vardy.  Luiz our Kante. 

The league is ours!!

Oh yeah, I’d rescind my motm award for that suicide pass if he wasn’t forced into it by two fouls immediately before. 

Wish he'd pull the trigger a bit quicker sometimes and not dick around with the ball when deep in defence, but he's a class above 99% of the time.  Thought he was gone as little as 2 months ago, so lucky to still have him in our colours.

On 27/09/2020 at 02:03, cyrusr said:

At the risk of sounding like an arsehole, Jack donating £2,000 is like me or you giving £10 to the local charity 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

The way he glides past players is quite incredible. His decision making is getting a lot better too. 

The stronger relationships he can have with teammates the better: you can see that with how he links with McGinn and he’s developing a good understanding with Watkins, too. As @Wainy316 said, Jack is the heartbeat of the team: we want him to pump that energy around the rest of the team now. 

He still doesn’t get the credit he deserves from commentators and pundits. Technically, he is one of the most gifted British footballers of his generation. He runs across and between midfield and defensive lines for fun: he breaks other team’s organisational structures while the ball is seemingly attached to his laces.  You constantly see the Gaelic football heritage in him: doesn’t mind the rough stuff, glides with the ball, charges at the opposition.  But the commentators prefer to focus on anything he tries that doesn’t work, or how many times he is fouled.  He’s a truly wonderful footballer and a joy to watch. 

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache
  • Like 1

That run for the trez shot Watkins slide... 

When villa fans "overrate" him to everyone and say he can do things no one else can, that's what we mean

There are maybe 2 or 3 players in the PL at best that could do that, certainly no other English player can 

• Like 2

Â