Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It's his delivery of "yes miss?", very muted and a subtly looking through his head tilted forward slightly, as if to say "please don't make a scene of this".

I cried when that happened. 

I've seen it so many times now, the double "glass smash" annoys me more than it should. :D  

The quick cut to Roy getting lifted onto the disabled bus, with his gormless face was another cracker in that episode. 

Yep. Really slowly going up the lift into the truck :D 

Also 

"I like williiiiiies"

"It's I love willies"

"What?"

"I LOVE WILLIES"

"Sorry could you keep it down sir?"

Been getting through a US sitcom called Superstore with the better half the past month or so. Didn't have high expectations but it's definitely grown on me. It's not a classic but it's not bad either.

Knowing a bit more about how he has caused outrage with his personal views over the last few years, it makes me a little bit uneasy now, but damned if I don't piss myself every time at "to think when we met you were so worried that you came from Iran".

• Like 1

15 hours ago, darrenm said:

Just finished blasting my way through Disenchantment.

I couldn't get into it when it first dropped a few years ago but I tried again and really enjoyed it after the initial few episodes where you get to know the characters.

It's as good as Futurama and has a lot of clever humour getting towards earlier Simpsons levels.

That it has Noel Fielding, Matt Berry and Richard Ayoade adding voices makes it that bit better.

If you like The Simpsons and Futurama you'll like Disenchantment.

Been watching it with the boy , it has a few meh moments but the subtle in jokes are good    and it’s clever as you say

• Like 1

Talking of Matt Berry

I've binged chuckled my way through the 2 series of “What we do in the shadows”

fantastic stuff , possibly up there as one of the best comedy shows written .  I’ll have some of the drugs the script writers are on please 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Hornso said:

Been getting through a US sitcom called Superstore with the better half the past month or so. Didn't have high expectations but it's definitely grown on me. It's not a classic but it's not bad either.

The wife and I watched this recently. Took a while to get going but enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

There is some talk about another series of Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes. While i liked the show i thought it was pretty well wrapped up (in the main - some questions of course but the main one sort of addressed). I don't know where they could really take it

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

There is some talk about another series of Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes. While i liked the show i thought it was pretty well wrapped up (in the main - some questions of course but the main one sort of addressed). I don't know where they could really take it

Years ago, I was telling a woman at work how I'd just started watching Ashes to Ashes. I said I was hoping it was going to answer a few more questions than Life on Mars did.

She said "Oh it does. Basically..." and spoiled the whole thing for me.

Pissed me right off. She was a lovely person and it was unintentional, but I couldn't be bothered to watch it after that.

• Sad 1

Â