Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Blasted thru 188 episodes of The Office (US) in about a month, absolutely up there with one of my all time favourite sitcoms ever, loved it. So many laugh out loud moments and the extended cast of characters were superb (apart from a particular English female comedy actress towards the end).

On  Zeroerozero at the moment, quite good, never seen the Pacific so that's next then might watch the office again 🙂

• Like 4

Trying out 2 Spanish series.

First one is a horror/thriller type thingy called 30 Coins. Opening episode was fairly decent with a exorcism, Catholicism story done OK. Familiar stuff but these ones have a tendency to start off with an interesting premise but then not being able to keep it going. Will keep watching thou. (On HBO)

The other one is a mystery/thriller series about an isolated boarding school for troubled kids called The Boarding School or El Internado: Las Cumbres. Not started that one yet but it might be something. Main complaint from comments seen to be English speaking people not being able to read subtitles when watching a foreign speaking show... (It's on Amazon)

38 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Blasted thru 188 episodes of The Office (US) in about a month, absolutely up there with one of my all time favourite sitcoms ever, loved it. So many laugh out loud moments and the extended cast of characters were superb (apart from a particular English female comedy actress towards the end).

On  Zeroerozero at the moment, quite good, never seen the Pacific so that's next then might watch the office again 🙂

US office is next for me after I finish CYE. 

6 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

US office is next for me after I finish CYE. 

Stick with it as for me very early on it felt like an ok copy of a classic, it goes on to do its own thing and it turned out to surpass the original overall for me, proper LOL stuff if you click with it. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

. So many laugh out loud moments and the extended cast of characters were superb (apart from a particular English female comedy actress towards the end).

Utterly **** pointless. Really disrupted the dynamic of the show. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Utterly **** pointless. Really disrupted the dynamic of the show. 

Ridiculous but I managed to blank it out as after the big change after S7 there were still some amazing episodes, Dwight Schrute is the best, his Belsnickel amongst other stuff just blew me away. Having watched the series bloopers, Rainn Wilson cracked up at anything so God knows how they got some of the stuff they did, amazing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

I started ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ a few weeks back. 

I don’t know why I’d never watched it before, but the pilot was on Sky, so I gave it a go. 

It’s fecking brilliant! 

I'm on the last episode of the 10th season and I keep delaying from watching it because the thought of no new episodes is really depressing. 

Effortless comedy at it's finest, and most of it totally improvised. 

• Like 1

Finally got around to watching Ted Lasso after reading some positive feedback on it here. If you don’t love that show you’re not human. About as likeable as apple pie and ice cream. 

• Like 2

On 20/02/2021 at 16:18, sheepyvillian said:

I'm on the last episode of the 10th season and I keep delaying from watching it because the thought of no new episodes is really depressing. 

Effortless comedy at it's finest, and most of it totally improvised. 

I'm on season 9 and trying to drag it out as long as I can.  Leon and Marty Funkhauser just crack me up whatever they say.  I only just found out that the actor who plays Funkhauser died a couple of years ago 😥

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm on season 9 and trying to drag it out as long as I can.  Leon and Marty Funkhauser just crack me up whatever they say.  I only just found out that the actor who plays Funkhauser died a couple of years ago 😥

Curb is wonderful. I just love Larry's interactions with Richard Lewis as well. 

Lewis has aged horribly towards the end! Larry looks exactly the same as he did 20 years ago

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Wait to you see who plays his relative in season 10. He's a well known Hollywood celebrity, whose very funny and great for the show.

• Like 1

On 20/02/2021 at 13:53, theboyangel said:

Having never watched it when originally released, I’ve started to view the Benedict Cummerbund take on Sherlock Holmes.

It was ok (nothing special) up until the reveal of Moriaty... who I cannot take as a criminal mastermind at all. 

won’t be rushing back for season two anytime soon.

Season 2 is pretty good, it gets shit after that because the writers went OTT with fan fiction and thinking they were more cleverer than they are

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Â