Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

BTW, I was in a movie scene once with the mob boss' wife. I pinched her bum over about 20 takes. The scene ended up getting cut.

She's a good actress but miscast in this one, IMO.

I didnt know Harvey Weinstein posted on here 🤔

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

And how does a Scottish guy end up working for a mob boss in New Orleans? 

BTW, I was in a movie scene once with the mob boss' wife. I pinched her bum over about 20 takes. The scene ended up getting cut.

She's a good actress but miscast in this one, IMO.

Did you purposely do something to force the retake, after pinching said bottom? 

I hope so.

Started The Punisher series 2. Watched the first series a while back and enjoyed it.

I do love a good violent action show. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Did you purposely do something to force the retake, after pinching said bottom? 

I hope so.

It wasn't as amusing as you might think, because after I pinch her bum, she slaps me. We went for realism, so full slaps. 20 takes. Couldn't feel my face for about 12 hours.

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Xela said:

Started The Punisher series 2. Watched the first series a while back and enjoyed it.

I do love a good violent action show. 

Shame it got cancelled.

Tried watching US Office and got through most of S1 and 2 but the few funny bits don't outweigh how much I hate everyone in it, even the ones who aren't meant to be awful (can't stand Jim, he's a horrible human being). 

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Tried watching US Office and got through most of S1 and 2 but the few funny bits don't outweigh how much I hate everyone in it, even the ones who aren't meant to be awful (can't stand Jim, he's a horrible human being). 

jim halpert GIF

12 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

jim halpert GIF

What are his redeeming qualities? 

He's actively trying to seduce an engaged woman and messing with her relationship (warehouse guy might not be great but it's still a dick move). He's a bully and treats Dwight awfully (Dwight is weird but still not okay). He hates his job, go find a new one. The branch is at risk of closure and he actively tanks plans to save it which would put his colleague's and supposed friends out of work. 

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

What are his redeeming qualities? 

He's actively trying to seduce an engaged woman and messing with her relationship (warehouse guy might not be great but it's still a dick move). He's a bully and treats Dwight awfully (Dwight is weird but still not okay). He hates his job, go find a new one. The branch is at risk of closure and he actively tanks plans to save it which would put his colleague's and supposed friends out of 

Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office

Dwight wins maybe, you are going to miss out on the best of it

5 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office

Dwight wins maybe, you are going to miss out on the best of it

Not sure I've got the patience to watch another 7+ seasons waiting for it to get good and for me not to dislike nearly every character. 

Does the quality jump up in S3? 

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Not sure I've got the patience to watch another 7+ seasons waiting for it to get good and for me not to dislike nearly every character. 

I despise Simon Pegg. **** loathe him. I can’t watch him in anything as he brings out the worst in me. Pointless me watching him as I can’t get past him so regardless of the quality, I avoid films with him in it. 
After 2 seasons and hating most of the characters and in particular the puppy that is Jim, I would say it definitely isn’t for you. Regardless of what happens further into it, I think how you feel now is unlikely to change.  

• Like 2

Since the introduction of Star to D+ I spontaneously decided I'd give Lost a go. I usually struggle with TV series so don't watch many and I can't physically 'binge watch' stuff. But fffuuuuuuuu me... I know I'm 17 years late but this is fantastic. I am only 11 or so episodes in but really loving it.

Edited by MCU
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I despise Simon Pegg. **** loathe him. I can’t watch him in anything as he brings out the worst in me. Pointless me watching him as I can’t get past him so regardless of the quality, I avoid films with him in it. 
After 2 seasons and hating most of the characters and in particular the puppy that is Jim, I would say it definitely isn’t for you. Regardless of what happens further into it, I think how you feel now is unlikely to change.  

That's what I thought and why I'd started watching something else. 

On 28/02/2021 at 18:41, rjw63 said:

Your Honor looks good so I've "acquired" it.

Wish they'd use proper English spelling though.

I've watched the first two episodes and I think I'm finding it all too stressful. I'm not sure I've the minerals to keep going with it. 

54 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I felt it gradually went up levels, its never anything other then complete buffoonary and ended up loving it.

I've been in you're spot with several series that I just gave up on, if you don't click with it its not for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I have exactly the same situation with Damian Lewis - which means I really struggled to get through Band of Brothers and only lasted about 10 minutes into Billions and Homeland. He makes me feel genuinely nauseous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I have exactly the same situation with Damian Lewis - which means I really struggled to get through Band of Brothers and only lasted about 10 minutes into Billions and Homeland. He makes me feel genuinely nauseous.

I think its because he looks like that rat Garry Monk? 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, choffer said:

I've watched the first two episodes and I think I'm finding it all too stressful. I'm not sure I've the minerals to keep going with it. 

Yeah the wife is like that, this type of show is like relentless mental (and sometimes physical) pressure on the main character.

• Like 1

Â