Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

As expected the reviews for the new We Children from Bahnhof Zoo series are lukewarm at best. Almost impossible to make anything a dark and grim as that 80's movie. Not read the book but that's supposed to be even grimmer. 

So rather than watching this series I'm just going to watch the movie again instead. Makes Trainspotting look like a cheery Disney flick.

Christiane F. Poster

• Like 1

The wife watched it and enjoyed it, shes read the book and knows the story well

Amazon Prime Germany hasn't got English subtitles 🙄 there's a fair bit like that, line of duty is on there but only in German with German subtitles, one for the piss me off thread

• Sad 1

I know its a few years old but started watching Man Down. 

Very funny! Childish humour, in an Inbetweeners way, but makes me laugh

Rik Mayall is in the first series as well

image.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

image.jpg

Great show and Ms Lipsey is lovely.

The volume of craziness that is based off Greg Davies real life is fantastic too. 

Watching him on Graham Norton (YouTube) today I found out that it's actually filmed in his old classroom too. 

• Like 1

Trying to watch Your Honor, but even Bryan Cranston can't rescue it from the terrible writing. Also, 

Spoiler

The son is such a dumbass. If he just pulled over to find his inhaler, everything would have been fine. But he was a giant pussy and got frightened by the scary locals.  Ridiculous. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Trying to watch Your Honor, but even Bryan Cranston can't rescue it from the terrible writing. Also, 

Hide contents

The son is such a dumbass. If he just pulled over to find his inhaler, everything would have been fine. But he was a giant pussy and got frightened by the scary locals.  Ridiculous. 

He's shagging the hot teacher though, so not all dumb ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 19/02/2021 at 21:42, TheAuthority said:

Binged the Serpent. Didn't know the story and couldn't stop watching.

But the lead actor - holy crap what a terrible actor. It was like watching a car accident in slow motion every scene he was in.

I've watched this too now. Really enjoyed it.

I thought the first couple of episodes were a real slog. Very slow moving and couldn't really see where it was going. but the payoff is really good.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've watched this too now. Really enjoyed it.

I thought the first couple of episodes were a real slog. Very slow moving and couldn't really see where it was going. but the payoff is really good.

I really enjoyed it. After reading into Sobhraj some more, they really could have made another six episodes from what he got up to after France. He certainly lived a crazy life. 

• Like 1

On 28/02/2021 at 14:48, Xela said:

image.jpg

I hated it, I gave up after 5 episodes. His friends were so annoying that I couldnt bother watching anymore

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

Hide contents

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

He's shagging the hot teacher though, so not all dumb ;)

Is it just me or does the Crime Boss's daughter look like a "he"?

Agree with everything said about the son, he was a right little fanny. I'd of thrown him straight under the bus if I was his dad.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Is it just me or does the Crime Boss's daughter look like a "he"?

Agree with everything said about the son, he was a right little fanny. I'd of thrown him straight under the bus if I was his dad.

😄 I looked her up on IMDB to check after her first scene, its obvius once you know but initially I was not sure.

And how does a Scottish guy end up working for a mob boss in New Orleans? 

BTW, I was in a movie scene once with the mob boss' wife. I pinched her bum over about 20 takes. The scene ended up getting cut.

She's a good actress but miscast in this one, IMO.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, maqroll said:

And how does a Scottish guy end up working for a mob boss in New Orleans? 

He's been in Sons of Anarchy and Ray Donovan, you could say the same there ;)

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

BTW, I was in a movie scene once with the mob boss' wife. I pinched her bum over about 20 takes. The scene ended up getting cut.

She's a good actress but miscast in this one, IMO.

This sounds like an interesting story . . .

tenor.gif

• Like 1

Â