Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

11 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I have exactly the same situation with Damian Lewis - which means I really struggled to get through Band of Brothers and only lasted about 10 minutes into Billions and Homeland. He makes me feel genuinely nauseous.

Shame, Billions is very good.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Shame, Billions is very good.

Yeah, as a massive Paul Giamatti fan it's frustrating that they cast that vomit-inducing, slimey looking man creature along side him.

• Haha 1

After not enjoying Breaking Bad the 1st season the last time I tried watching it. Have given it a rewatch and much better now, still dont like Aaron Paul. 

Middle of season 2.its enjoyable but maybe still way off the hype some have given it as greatest ever

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

After not enjoying Breaking Bad the 1st season the last time I tried watching it. Have given it a rewatch and much better now, still dont like Aaron Paul. 

Middle of season 2.its enjoyable but maybe still way off the hype some have given it as greatest ever

I tend to agree with your summary (about it being a bit over-hyped).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, maqroll said:

It wasn't as amusing as you might think, because after I pinch her bum, she slaps me. We went for realism, so full slaps. 20 takes. Couldn't feel my face for about 12 hours.

What was the film, and did you used to be an actor? (Apologies if this is something everyone knows about you, I wasn't aware!)

4 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I have exactly the same situation with Damian Lewis - which means I really struggled to get through Band of Brothers

He was the worst thing about BoB. He's like a void.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

What was the film, and did you used to be an actor? (Apologies if this is something everyone knows about you, I wasn't aware!)

It was called "Next Stop Wonderland". I only got the part because the actual actor didn't show up and my friend was a makeup assistant. She called me from the set. Because I worked nights at the bar, I had the daytime off, so I did it, just for the experience. Sadly, a bunch of scenes were cut by the time it made it to the big screen, and mine was one of them. I should have mentioned this in the Crap claims to Fame thread..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Not sure I've got the patience to watch another 7+ seasons waiting for it to get good and for me not to dislike nearly every character. 

Does the quality jump up in S3? 

I liked seasons 2-3 and thought the quality noticeably dropped in the fourth season. Didn’t bother with the rest. Gut feeling, if you haven’t enjoyed it so far, give up.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

From what I’ve read, a lot of BB fans seem to think season two is weak(er). Personally, I really like it. The general consensus is that it moves up several notches from season three onwards.

I think it’s in the conversation with a few others as the best ever, but then I watched it as it came out (on 5 USA or whatever freeview channel it was on) before it was being widely praised, so the hype that would go on to surround it didn’t enter into it for me. I didn’t have the same expectations that the later audience will have had going into it.

7 hours ago, MCU said:

Since the introduction of Star to D+ I spontaneously decided I'd give Lost a go. I usually struggle with TV series so don't watch many and I can't physically 'binge watch' stuff. But fffuuuuuuuu me... I know I'm 17 years late but this is fantastic. I am only 11 or so episodes in but really loving it.

The first season was incredible telly. 
Be prepared though. It Changes a lot. 

I think it was around the time of writer disputes and distribution arguments, that it changed channel it was on. Never saw the end (it was pre streaming days). Heard some very strange things about it though

BB people say you get through the first 2 seasons and then it really picks up pace

The wire people say get over the slow start, don't mind the small dip in season 2 and the rush to finish in season 5

The sopranos... Consistently brilliant from start to finish 

• Like 1

Also started The Office recently and watch it while I'm on the treadmill. Some genuine laugh out loud moments which surprised me (I thought it was going to be another of those terribly overrated sitcomes), though some of it is kind of cringey. I kind of hate how they use the embarrassment of Michael's shenanigans as a comedic crutch. It's uncomfortable to watch sometimes. He's also a very ridiculous character. All the other characters (bar maybe Dwight who's a bit exaggerated) you can accept can be real people but Michael is just silly. I love his interactions with Stanley though, those always get me.

• Like 1

So, casting an American to play Winston Churchill (even though he was half American) was a bold decision by the Crown producers. I thought Lithgow did a solid job. What are some of your opinions on it?

On 03/03/2021 at 17:18, mikeyp102 said:

The first season was incredible telly. 
Be prepared though. It Changes a lot. 

I think it was around the time of writer disputes and distribution arguments, that it changed channel it was on. Never saw the end (it was pre streaming days). Heard some very strange things about it though

You'd be better off keeping it that way.

9 hours ago, maqroll said:

So, casting an American to play Winston Churchill (even though he was half American) was a bold decision by the Crown producers. I thought Lithgow did a solid job. What are some of your opinions on it?

Is he ever anything but great?

• Like 1

Â