Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

13 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Talking of Matt Berry

I've binged chuckled my way through the 2 series of “What we do in the shadows”

fantastic stuff , possibly up there as one of the best comedy shows written .  I’ll have some of the drugs the script writers are on please 

Funnily enough just going through Toast of London again, absolutely bonkers stuff but very, very funny. 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

They need to accept it's long dead and move on.  Which is startlingly ironic.

It is strange all around... Its been a long time since Ashes to Ashes ended, 10 years? Maybe if they got their stakes on they could have done an interquel feature film or something set between the two series. Also TV has changed and it's not exactly a PC show...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

But isn't the point that the non PC views are shown as dated and to the disapproval of the modern day protagonist?

Doesn't seem to matter, lots of episodes of things have been pulled down due to causing offence despite being written to be critical of the people in the show.

Ashes to Ashes and Life on Mars haven't had any episodes pulled down, so maybe they'd get away with it, I think they'd try to ease off some of the more un-PC language in a new series though

Having a re-watch of band of brothers for the first time in a few years. It's amazing how many random would be british film and tv stars there are as kid soldiers with one line or a swift demise. Also,  the quality of the show still holds up as one of the best mini-series. CGI at times nowadays looks iffy 20 years later, but otherwise, it remains superb

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

Having a re-watch of band of brothers for the first time in a few years. It's amazing how many random would be british film and tv stars there are as kid soldiers with one line or a swift demise. Also,  the quality of the show still holds up as one of the best mini-series. CGI at times nowadays looks iffy 20 years later, but otherwise, it remains superb

Some brilliant actors and Jimmy Fallon.

Image result for jimmy fallon band of brothers

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

I finished the pacific last week and started rewatching BoB yesterday. 

It's just a fantastic TV show. Damien Lewis really hasn't aged that much.

On 13/02/2021 at 19:43, Rds1983 said:

IT Crowd. 

For about the 5th time. 

Still laugh like an absolute bafoon at every joke. 

Possibly one of the best comedies ever made. 

For me the episode where Denholm jumps out the window and Roy's phone goes off during the funeral service. Just so many lines in it.

The series is right up there for me.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rodders said:

Brilliant show, Pacific too.

Can't wait for the next installment, Masters of the Air.

Based on the 8th Air Force.

Watched the first episode of German Netfix series Tribes of Europe.

It appears to be a dystopian Netflix box ticking mix between The Hunger Games, The Walking Dead, SEE and similar stuff with some Hans Zimmer soundtrack rip-off and a Gene Simmons from Kizz (no makeup era but plateau boots and top knot) imitating bad guy.

Fully expect it to be dreadful but possible watchable when utterly bored. So far it is just that.

49 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'm starting to get into Animal Kingdom. Certainly better than I thought it would be. 

And just how sexy does Ellen Barkin still look ?

I blasted through all 4 seasons in a month. Very entertaining series.

Having never watched it when originally released, I’ve started to view the Benedict Cummerbund take on Sherlock Holmes.

It was ok (nothing special) up until the reveal of Moriaty... who I cannot take as a criminal mastermind at all. 

won’t be rushing back for season two anytime soon.

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

That's some pace. Was it the Ellen Barkin, factor ?

Didn't like her character at all. Was always hoping she'd fall flat on her face. Couldn't understand the amount of affection she'd show her son's, borderline incest.

Â