Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Watched the first episode of Clarice, the Silence of the Lambs TV spin-off. Solid if a bit too familiar FBI show with damaged but brilliant protagonist and a bit cartoonish male co-workers who are all jerks to the new guy or girl in this case with the probably future love interest who will betray and or come around. Seen one seen them all.

Not a patch on the movie but still might turn out an OK series if you don't compare it to the movie. Wasn't bad but wasn't anything special either. Hard to say where it will end up after only 1 ep. Will watch the next ep thou.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, useless said:

Watched the first assignment of Sapphire and Steel, quite out there, and challenging, good series so far.

Difficult to gauge your age Useless and if you watched this originally during its original broadcast. That said I did and I swayed between perplexed and scared. The most memorable was the episode at a deserted train station. A great series that really put it all into the scripts. 

On 08/02/2021 at 13:24, wilko154 said:

Started The Last Kingdom last night.

First episode was good, looking forward to watching it this week.

Is Vikings better? Or are both good series to watch?

On 08/02/2021 at 14:24, Davkaus said:

I started that a couple of months ago and finished the latest season a couple of weeks ago, it's definitely worth sticking with.

Like you, I haven't seen Vikings yet, I'm planning to watch that when TLK is a bit less fresh in my mind, but even if it's better, you won't regret watching TLK as well. 

Different series but I enjoyed both greatly. Vikings more but they're both very good.

The original series is on youtube. Sapphire and Steel isn't something I would have chosen to watch, but saw a few people online suggest that it might have been an influence on Season 3 of Twin Peaks, and because I liked that so much, I thought I'd give it a go out of curiosity, was doubtful, but quite enjoyed it.

Edited by useless

Absolutely loving Damian, love the way it links up to the first two films with flashbacks to them. I think it captures the essence of the original quite beautifully  at times. Cannot wait for next weeks episode.

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Absolutely loving Damian, love the way it links up to the first two films with flashbacks to them. I think it captures the essence of the original quite beautifully  at times. Cannot wait for next weeks episode.

I was going to watch but I read that it wasn’t renewed so was fearful that it may finish unresolved. Can you update if its worth a watch when you are done. 

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

I was going to watch but I read that it wasn’t renewed so was fearful that it may finish unresolved. Can you update if its worth a watch when you are done. 

👍

Just finished blasting my way through Disenchantment.

I couldn't get into it when it first dropped a few years ago but I tried again and really enjoyed it after the initial few episodes where you get to know the characters.

It's as good as Futurama and has a lot of clever humour getting towards earlier Simpsons levels.

That it has Noel Fielding, Matt Berry and Richard Ayoade adding voices makes it that bit better.

If you like The Simpsons and Futurama you'll like Disenchantment.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

The one from about 5 years ago? - each to their own, I thought it was absolutely dreadful and a disgrace to the films. Wasn't surprised at all it got cancelled after 1 season.

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The episode where they go to the theatre to watch the gay musical is one of the funniest episodes of any sitcom ever. Absolutely brilliant.

That and Street Countdown is amongst the best comedies ever. I was in tears watching that theatre episode. Leg disabled has passed into household common parlance. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

The one from about 5 years ago? - each to their own, I thought it was absolutely dreadful and a disgrace to the films. Wasn't surprised at all it got cancelled after 1 season.

Yes just looked it up as I thought  it was new, Only seen the first couple because it’s on weekly and not bingeble but like the way they took stock direct from the first film and revisit the old names like Bugenhagen with the daggers angle etc. My judgement could be clouded because I’ve waited for something like this probably for 30 odd years but really like it so far and probably also because I hated the third film so hoping this improves on that

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

When Jen spots Roy in the wheelchair and after hearing his 'story about being disabled due to acid', she turns to order a drink and Moss is just stood behind the bar.

Yeah that is the funniest moment. Absolutely wetting myself at that

Â