Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

43 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

The more I watch Blown Away, the more I despise one contestant.

Such an arrogant, unpleasant and up his own arse cretin - please don’t let him win the whole thing 🤞

The cartoon episode was me done with him.

Obviously the guys talented. But he's a knob. Full of himself and his own brilliance. Can't stand that.

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

The cartoon episode was me done with him.

Obviously the guys talented. But he's a knob. Full of himself and his own brilliance. Can't stand that.

Exactly - I will scream if he wins... clearly talented but clearly an utter cockwomble! 

11 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I was 11 in 1985 and my first memory of becoming aware of Aids was when the American actor Rock Hudson died from it and it was on the news. 

It is shocking though how people with aids were treated like lepers and locked up in separate parts of hospitals. That would not have happened had this have been a disease that predominantly affected heterosexuals. I can remember people believing this was a homosexual disease and many people believing they had brought it upon themselves and it was deserved. Shameful times. 

10 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Those people still exist, unfortunately. 

A somewhat relevant extract from Andrew Neil's Wikipedia page:

EtojcvHXIAIXfdt?format=jpg&name=4096x409

On 06/02/2021 at 22:58, markavfc40 said:

Watched Its a Sin over last couple of nights. It won't be everyones cup of tea but I thought it was excellent with some great performances. 

Binged the whole of that today. It was absolutely excellent. Cried my eyes out in parts.

• Like 3

Our friends in the north 

Wow. It seems I'm the last person to see it but so much of the politics hits home and is still being played out today. Fantastic cast and a great long reaching story.

_90703762_hi000357514-1.jpg.9c91564b03bebe100a2ee9fbe7465138.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, darrenm said:

Our friends in the north 

Wow. It seems I'm the last person to see it but so much of the politics hits home and is still being played out today. Fantastic cast and a great long reaching story.

_90703762_hi000357514-1.jpg.9c91564b03bebe100a2ee9fbe7465138.jpg

Our Friends In The North to this day remains my favourite thing ever broadcast. It is perfection for so many different reasons.  

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Started The Last Kingdom last night.

First episode was good, looking forward to watching it this week.

Is Vikings better? Or are both good series to watch?

I started that a couple of months ago and finished the latest season a couple of weeks ago, it's definitely worth sticking with.

Like you, I haven't seen Vikings yet, I'm planning to watch that when TLK is a bit less fresh in my mind, but even if it's better, you won't regret watching TLK as well. 

• Like 2

On 17/01/2021 at 00:11, mikeyp102 said:

Started watching Lupin on Netflix. Really clever premise, terrible dubbing mind.

Why does anyone watch anything with dubbing? The original language gives you so much more.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

I think Arrested Development wants a quiet word.

Nah, the third season wasn't that bad, even if it was a bit rushed to tie everything up before it was cancelled...

What's that? Oh? Oh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Why does anyone watch anything with dubbing? The original language gives you so much more.

Especially something where your actively denying yourself Ludivine Sagnier's accent... madness I tell thee.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Bullshit. Monkey (Magic) was good in part because of the dubbing. 

Edited by Seat68

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Doesnt Arrested Development have another season coming 🤔

Well, I'd have thought/hoped that on top of the critical derision, all the stuff with Tambor would have put the kibosh on it for good.  But hey, if an equine's corpse so much as twitches in cadaveric spasm, it'll be suitably flogged, so that wouldn't surprise me.

More's the pity, as @CardiffGreens alludes the first few seasons were solid gold.

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Bullshit. Monkey (Magic) was good in part because of the dubbing. 

Another show from a different era  , now we'd realise that Monkey had ADHD and fill him full of Ritalin and question the green credentials of his powered cloud   , Sandy a cannibal  would be forced to go vegan  and  pigsy subject to a #meto campaign on Twitter

• Like 1

Â