Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

12 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Finished Picard. Pretty rubbish. Not only did it not feel like Star Trek it was just terribly written and poorly plotted. Not impressed, but not surprised.

I've got 2 episodes left

I'm not a star trek fan (seen all the films but none of the TV shows) 

Its OK, not must watch, just kind of plods along with a fair bit of boring stuff and then at times some good action scenes

Still think it's better than the mandalorian (production wise it's far far better which seeing as the mandalorian is the launch title for Disney + reflects even worse on it imo) 

41 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I've got 2 episodes left

I'm not a star trek fan (seen all the films but none of the TV shows) 

Its OK, not must watch, just kind of plods along with a fair bit of boring stuff and then at times some good action scenes

Still think it's better than the mandalorian (production wise it's far far better which seeing as the mandalorian is the launch title for Disney + reflects even worse on it imo) 

Gord St-rewth 

15 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Just over halfway through Miracle Workers on Sky.

Very amusing indeed and Steve Buscemi nails it playing God who's gone to seed. 

Wasn’t sure at first, but after 2/3 episodes, started to really like it. 

Daniel Radcliffe is really good in it. 

I’m loving Avenue 5 as well 

51 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Wasn’t sure at first, but after 2/3 episodes, started to really like it. 

Daniel Radcliffe is really good in it. 

I’m loving Avenue 5 as well 

Lasted one episode of Avenue 5 - didn’t float my boat at all 🙁

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Lasted one episode of Avenue 5 - didn’t float my boat at all 🙁

It was the same with Veep for me, didn’t like it at first and found the characters annoying, but then it just started to get better and better. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Seat68 said:

let's have it.

friday night lights GIF

This programme was about 4-5 seasons deep until people starting suddenly liking it.

I enjoy it, but the whole trend thing about it makes me laugh. 

For those that have Amazon Prime, you can get a trial subscription for the ‘Starz Play’ channel. 

Mr Mercedes 

Castle Rock 

Doom Patrol 

Counterpart 

All look pretty decent - 99p per month for 3 months. 

• Thanks 1

Finished The Stranger last night. Was quite gripping but ultimately a bit disappointing and some of the tension was lost at times when the characters made unbelievable decisions/actions. I also swear that whoever owns the carwash in Cedarfield must be making a packet.

Debating what to watch next. I love Better Call Saul but might wait for the end of the series. I think I heard there was an official season 1-4 recap, but I'm quite reluctant to search for it in case I see any spoilers. Anyone have a link?

So while I'm waiting for that it's possibly Ozark (the wife doesn't really fancy it though), this Tiger King thing (but I'm concerned I'll be uncomfortable with the animal cruelty thing as has been mentioned) or Dark - anyone watched that?

Great to see Killing Eve is back soon, too. Loves me a bit of Villanelle.

Tiger King is brilliant

The big cats is a side show, it's like a group of producers sat there and thought how do we make a documentary about how bat shit crazy stupid Americans are, the gun stuff has been done, so has Racism, jesus, healthcare... And someone had the brilliant idea of the big cat ownership... And these **** are proper batshit crazy, I did think at one point I bet Louis is disappointed he never found these guys out but reading up on it it looks like he does have an episode on them (called beware of the tiger on Netflix) 

Its not as good as making a murderer but these guys are stupider and it's every bit as mad in a different way (but it doesn't get its hooks in to you in the same way, there's no goodie or villain that I felt anything for, they're all **** clearings in the woods) 

I didn't think the cat treatment stuff was off putting

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

Finished The Stranger last night. Was quite gripping but ultimately a bit disappointing and some of the tension was lost at times when the characters made unbelievable decisions/actions. I also swear that whoever owns the carwash in Cedarfield must be making a packet.

Debating what to watch next. I love Better Call Saul but might wait for the end of the series. I think I heard there was an official season 1-4 recap, but I'm quite reluctant to search for it in case I see any spoilers. Anyone have a link?

So while I'm waiting for that it's possibly Ozark (the wife doesn't really fancy it though), this Tiger King thing (but I'm concerned I'll be uncomfortable with the animal cruelty thing as has been mentioned) or Dark - anyone watched that?

Great to see Killing Eve is back soon, too. Loves me a bit of Villanelle.

Dark is good, bud. Would recommend

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 22/03/2020 at 14:32, choffer said:

Tiger King on Netflix. Only 8 or 9 episodes. Documentary about a lunatic redneck who have a big cat zoo in Oklahoma. 

On 24/03/2020 at 12:59, Stevo985 said:

It's ridiculously cruel. I'm only an episode in but it's making me sick.

Vile cruelty

On 24/03/2020 at 14:55, It's Your Round said:

I suspected that. Keeping tigers as pets/entertainment is cruel, however it’s dressed up. 

I’ve give that a miss then. 

On 26/03/2020 at 17:19, PieFacE said:

Tiger King is ace. 

19 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Cheers VT'ers for the recommendation of Tiger King. 

Watched all 7 episodes earlier on Netflix and well worth watching. 

Some seriously odd people on that series!

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Tiger King is brilliant

The big cats is a side show, it's like a group of producers sat there and thought how do we make a documentary about how bat shit crazy stupid Americans are, the gun stuff has been done, so has Racism, jesus, healthcare... And someone had the brilliant idea of the big cat ownership... And these **** are proper batshit crazy, I did think at one point I bet Louis is disappointed he never found these guys out but reading up on it it looks like he does have an episode on them (called beware of the tiger on Netflix) 

Its not as good as making a murderer but these guys are stupider and it's every bit as mad in a different way (but it doesn't get its hooks in to you in the same way, there's no goodie or villain that I felt anything for, they're all **** clearings in the woods) 

I didn't think the cat treatment stuff was off putting

Despite telling myself i would not watch it (i didn't want to see any 'cruelty to animals) I have given it a go. Watched 3 episodes so far and it's bonkers !!!

What it is showing to me is, and no offense to any of our American VTers but jeez, America is a screwed up nation.

Such a bizarre situation and gripping viewing.

• Like 1

On 28/03/2020 at 14:54, wazzap24 said:

For those that have Amazon Prime, you can get a trial subscription for the ‘Starz Play’ channel. 

Mr Mercedes 

Castle Rock 

Doom Patrol 

Counterpart 

All look pretty decent - 99p per month for 3 months. 

Yep I got it. Watching castle rock which is pretty good, and finished a show called Party Down which is an awesome, if largely unknown comedy show starring Adam Scott and Lizzy caplan

• Like 1

So took the plunge and purchased due to the lockdown.

Starting watching Sex Education. It’s decent. Although I wish my school was as promiscuous when I was there. Don’t get me wrong I’m sure some did stuff but nothing like that. 
Also it’s a very American school in an English setting

Just finished Tiger King.

Wow. I am just amazed. If that had been fictional I'd have written it off as too ludicrous to be believable. I mean, even Spinal Tap doesn't reach the levels of preposterousness that Tiger King so effortless scaled.

As previously stated, every single person in this appears to be a bad guy of some sort, aside from a couple of the zoo keeping staff. But no doubt season 2 will have a bunch of plot twists to come (and I wouldn't be surprised to see a sequel in a few years)

• Like 1

On 28/03/2020 at 19:31, Troglodyte said:

Dark is amazing, but you need to give it your full attention

• Like 1

On 27/03/2020 at 22:00, Lichfield Dean said:

Finished Picard. Pretty rubbish. Not only did it not feel like Star Trek it was just terribly written and poorly plotted. Not impressed, but not surprised.

Yep, had the time to see it through to the end............... but it wasn't worth it. Like watching an albatross trying to take off and not quite making it .

Edited by tinker

Finally watched Series 1 of Killing Eve , passed the binge watch test as i watched it all in one go

if i was going to be murdered by anyone then I think I’d like it to be Jodie Comer , that smile means I’d probably forgive her as she was hacking me to pieces 

few work things tomorrow and then can binge series 2 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 3

Â