Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 07/03/2020 at 20:49, sne said:

TWD :D 

Reveal hidden contents

Another group of morons borrowing the tactic from Game of Thrones where they live inside a walled settlement but choose to defend it by standing outside those walls :crylaugh:

They straight up jacked that scene from ep3 season 8 when the white walkers attacked Winterfell

Also the actress who plays Alpha is William Shatner level bad. Comically terrible.

Samantha Morton, she doesn't do it for me in this show. I have enjoyed some of her roles from the past. She played the part of the gullible wife in 10, Rillington place and did a fine job.

• Like 1

On 07/03/2020 at 20:49, sne said:

is William Shatner level bad. Comically terrible.

I've said it before but you want comically bad dreadful acting look no further than Tim Kang in the Magnum PI reboot as Detective Gordon Katsumoto

I mean it's sooooo bad that he makes everyone else in it seem great and they really aren't. The whole thing is comically bad but Kang takes it to a level rarely seen on screen

• Haha 1

Just now, bickster said:

I've said it before but you want comically bad dreadful acting look no further than Tim Kang in the Magnum PI reboot as Detective Gordon Katsumoto

I mean it's sooooo bad that he makes everyone else in it seem great and they really aren't. The whole thing is comically bad but Kang takes it to a level rarely seen on screen

Not watched that, might have to. If only for the 1 episode to see the glory :D 

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Bizarrely I used to quite like him in The Mentalist, which was also cheesy-as-f*!€ (none of the acting, barring the main character was any better than Magnum PI but it was a great show!) 

14 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Suppose I'm going to give Westworld another chance since Aaron Paul is on board for Season 3, which has just started. Could do with an abundance of TV right now anyway...

First episode is not bad, it looks really good as expected but it's a very different beast compared to season 1 & 2

• Like 1

abundance of TV...

the Valhalla Murders (Netflix) - its ok, watching it cos the wife likes iceland

the Hunters (amazon) - got in to it a bit more once id got my head around it being a bit daft

greys anatomy - yeah ive started to love it...

Picard - plodding along with it, enjoyable but not must watch

on the list for this week working from home (some are out Friday) - the pharmacist, self made, tiger king, English game, maybe the outsider and I need to watch the last series of the deuce and peaky blinders, the plot against America starts tonight on HBO

I think its mainly going to be Ghibli stuff on netflix

5 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

Looking forward to Westworld tonight! For me it's the best show on TV but I know I am probably alone with that 

The second season disappeared so far up its own bum, it was tickling it’s tonsils. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

The second season disappeared so far up its own bum, it was tickling it’s tonsils. 

I still loved it but I do get what you mean. It was far more complicated than it needed to be. I’ve heard the 3rd season is much easier to follow though 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

I tapped out at the end of season 1. Wasn't prepared to go through the pain of another season.

• Like 2

Modern Family. A Brilliant comedy.

I've watched it before but decided to go through it all again and have started again from the very first one.

It's just as good, if not better, the second time around.

If you haven't watched it and want a good comedy to watch go for it.

• Like 3

The problem the second series of Westworld had was the structure of it. They clearly had a fairly straight forward story to tell from multiple perspectives, but to throw people off they literally just cut the thing to ribbons and rearranged it in a scrambled fashion, which turned out to be intensely irritating. 

It's particularly annoying because it had smart ideas in places but they got completely overshadowed by the desire to obscure the plot strands in a really artificial way.

I kinda can't be arsed with another series of it. Ant idiot can take a narrative and chop it about to make it 'mysterious'. I'd rather not have the show flaunting how awesome is mystery is afterwards though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Telegraph review of Westworld hit the nail bang on the head!

Season 1 was great, Westworld could be anything it wants to be, so much scope and they went and gave us that crap in season 2. I heard that Aaron Paul was in S3 and almost let out a little bit of wee and even thought I would run through a brick wall to get slapped round the face just once by Evan Rachel Wood, I'm done, ITS CRAP!

If it wasn't for nudity I'd have given up on Westworld after a couple of Episodes ..instead I stuck with it until the season one end  ... I kinda let it sucker me into Series 2 , but  I gave up after about 2 or 3 episodes

I've seen adverts for Season 3 , if the Uk lockdown goes on long enough that i've watched every other Series and every film ever made ,  then i might give Season 3 a go

Meanwhile I'm struggling on Babylon Berlin Series 3 ... 1 and 2 were superb , season 3 I'm just finding hard work , maybe its because they made the subtitles smaller and i'm struggling to read them at times :blush:

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 1

Â