Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

giphy.gif

Whatever show he’s in, I’ll always see the guy with the dark hair (who bangs the table first) as the transvestite club owner in Uncle.

(there’s a box set to revisit during the current lockdown!) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

looking forward to this. Absolutely loved that Bulls team when I was growing up. 

Not a fan of the Bulls but have an affinity to the game of basketball around this era. Much more so than today. 

Looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

Having binged the first three seasons of Narcos, which, I thought were excellent, I was a bit late in getting to Narcos Mexico. Now having just binged season one, I  can't believe I left it so long. Some fine acting especially from Michael Pena , who is seriously underrated imo. I can't wait to binge season two.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Having binged the first three seasons of Narcos, which, I thought were excellent, I was a bit late in getting to Narcos Mexico. Now having just binged season one, I  can't believe I left it so long. Some fine acting especially from Michael Pena , who is seriously underrated imo. I can't wait to binge season two.

Please excuse the potentially silly question but do I need to watch Narcos before watching Narcos: Mexico? 

5 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Please excuse the potentially silly question but do I need to watch Narcos before watching Narcos: Mexico? 

Not really, is one or 2 crossover characters but nothing too major plotwise

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

No but you should because 2 of the 3 series are better

And it will just give you a better overall sense of things, the Colombian one portrays the mental amount of money involved better than the Mexican one so you maybe have a more informed understanding as to why they're all so powerful 

• Like 1

Any tips for some Scandi-Noir? Loved the Bridge (I think I still have the last one to go actually). The Killing was really good and I loved the Icelandic one called Trapped. It doesn't have to be Scandinavian but any top notch show along these lines would be appreciated. 

Just now, Wezbid said:

Any tips for some Scandi-Noir? Loved the Bridge (I think I still have the last one to go actually). The Killing was really good and I loved the Icelandic one called Trapped. It doesn't have to be Scandinavian but any top notch show along these lines would be appreciated. 

You could always go back to the pre Brannagh original Wallanders.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

You could always go back to the pre Brannagh original Wallanders.

Thanks, I did have the Brannagh version on my list on Netflix but never got to it. I'll check out the Swedish version over the English. 

11 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

It's not exactly Scandi-noir but sorta. Not actually watched it myself but it's supposed to be quite good.

Quicksand Poster

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

I enjoyed Borgen. It's more of a political drama than a murder mystery like the ones you mentioned though!

• Like 1

Â