Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

7 hours ago, sne said:

For those who missed The Night Of I strongly recommend it.

Really good crime mystery drama with great actors in it.

The Night Of Poster

I strongly echo this. Absolutely fantastic show. Riz Ahmed is brilliant, Michael K. Williams is always awesome and John Turturro's performance is really niggling *scratch, scratch*.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

👌👌👌 Love this show.

p06hz3k1.jpg

You can see the Ben Elton humour throughout, but for me it lacks a bit of polish. It's good, but it's no blackadder 

9 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Has anyone watched the Get Shorty series with Chris O'Dowd and if so is it any good?

Yes, its fantastic. I thought it would get more of a mention on here.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, sne said:

The Night Of Poster

Probably the best opening episode of any show I've ever seen

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m not sure what the general consensus is but the new season of Better Call Saul doesn’t feel quite right to me. 

A lot of it seems very on the nose. It’s as if it’s lost some of the subtly and nuance that made it so brilliant. It’s still a great show and there’s a lot to love but so far it hasn’t been up to its own standards as one of the greatest ever IMO. 

It seems to be getting rave reviews, so maybe it’s just me.

1 minute ago, JB said:

I’m not sure what the general consensus is but the new season of Better Call Saul doesn’t feel quite right to me. 

A lot of it seems very on the nose. It’s as if it’s lost some of the subtly and nuance that made it so brilliant. It’s still a great show and there’s a lot to love but so far it hasn’t been up to its own standards as one of the greatest ever IMO. 

I kind of agree with this, the first 3-4 episodes were as good as ever but the last 3 haven’t been as good, it’s hard to put your finger on why but some of it just seems like filler, all this nonsense with the bloke being stubborn about his house and Kim’s failing relationship with her employers is really not that interesting and feels like filler a lot of the time, still a great show though.

8 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I kind of agree with this, the first 3-4 episodes were as good as ever but the last 3 haven’t been as good, it’s hard to put your finger on why but some of it just seems like filler, all this nonsense with the bloke being stubborn about his house and Kim’s failing relationship with her employers is really not that interesting and feels like filler a lot of the time, still a great show though.

I’ve got no issue with the overall plot. One of the best things about the show has always been how it’s made what might usually be considered mundane so utterly compelling.

I guess it’s some of the dialogue and character behaviour that seems more on the nose than before. That aspect of the writing doesn’t seem up to the same high standard. 

I've just started BCS in the last couple of weeks (largely due to being told by many that it's as good as/better than Breaking Bad). I've just finished the 2nd episode of season 3, and am enjoying it, but think I went in with my hopes too high. It's a long way from BB territory IMO. I'm also enjoying Mike's storylines a lot more than Jimmy's.

On 31/03/2020 at 15:11, StefanAVFC said:

Just started it. 3 down, seems good so far

Finished Ozark last night, it's definitely getting better as it goes along. I was unconvinced after season 1 but carried on anyway but this last series was top drawer. Ben's character gave it the emotional edge I think it's been lacking although I still feel Marty is a bit two-dimensional. You'd expect a few emotional wobbles given the situation he's been thrust into but he remains stoic throughout. Plenty of great characters that help compensate for that fortunately although it remains a bit of an irritation for me.

Might have already been mentioned here but Don't F**k With Cats is some of the best TV I've seen in ages.

3 hours ago, JB said:

I think the last two seasons have been weak by its own very high standards. 

After Season 3 I thought it was better than Breaking Bad was at the same point.  

Unless this season finishes spectacularly, there’s no way I’ll feel that way now

On 01/04/2020 at 12:00, Wezbid said:

Any tips for some Scandi-Noir? Loved the Bridge (I think I still have the last one to go actually). The Killing was really good and I loved the Icelandic one called Trapped. It doesn't have to be Scandinavian but any top notch show along these lines would be appreciated. 

Valhalla Murders on Netflix was decent. Before We Die was another good one that was on Channel 4 few years back so might be on the 4 player

Fallet is on Netflix its half light hearted Scandic Noir meets Midsummer Murders

• Thanks 1

I've been watching Sunderland 'til I Die tonight. I got told off for my ranting at the TV by the other half. She's normally the gobby one so if I'm out of line I know I'm giving it some welly. I'm half way through but that absolute sleaze-clearing in the woods is unbearable. The Christmas attendance thing and the meetings about it set me off. I'm getting wound up again about it but thankfully she's asleep and it's all just keyboard mashing instead of verbal annoyance. Gahhh!

• Like 1

On 01/04/2020 at 12:19, Sam-AVFC said:

Has anyone watched the Get Shorty series with Chris O'Dowd and if so is it any good?

Yeah, watched the first season and some of the second, then just kind of fell away I guess . . . anyway, yeah, it's good, I recommend it.

11 hours ago, Wezbid said:

I've been watching Sunderland 'til I Die tonight. I got told off for my ranting at the TV by the other half. She's normally the gobby one so if I'm out of line I know I'm giving it some welly. I'm half way through but that absolute sleaze-clearing in the woods is unbearable. The Christmas attendance thing and the meetings about it set me off. I'm getting wound up again about it but thankfully she's asleep and it's all just keyboard mashing instead of verbal annoyance. Gahhh!

The first episode where he talks about changing the music in the stadium when the players walk out got me. Was like something out of the office. Full on David Brent  

• Like 2

On 01/04/2020 at 12:25, sne said:

The Night Of Poster

As Stevo said, incredible first episode. It almost counts against it because as the show concludes I felt it couldn't surpass it. Fantastic atmosphere throughout the series.

• Like 1

Â