Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I'm only an episode in to S3 of Ozark, but wow. I love this show. The last couple of scenes were brilliant.

I think, as a show it’s right up there with The Wire and Breaking Bad and if it continues like this to its conclusion will surpass them in greatness!

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

As Stevo said, incredible first episode. It almost counts against it because as the show concludes I felt it couldn't surpass it. Fantastic atmosphere throughout the series.

What’s great is it’s a limited series so that’s it done and not dragged on for extra seasons diluting it. 

absolutely top story and well acted throughout 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Community has appeared on Netflix, always knew of its existence but never seen it before. I've watched 13 episodes so far and would rank it in my top 5 sitcoms this century. Its quite good.

Hang on, it's a sitcom? ;) 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 1

On 04/04/2020 at 13:08, theboyangel said:

I think, as a show it’s right up there with The Wire and Breaking Bad and if it continues like this to its conclusion will surpass them in greatness!

It's tiptoed past them IMO.  It's awesome.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Community has appeared on Netflix, always knew of its existence but never seen it before. I've watched 13 episodes so far and would rank it in my top 5 sitcoms this century. Its quite good.

Community is very good. I first watched it about 3 years ago and I’m currently on my second watch through to pass the time.

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

its really good but its got nowhere near the depth IMO

there aren't as many characters or any as well written as the sopranos, compare wendy to carmela, different leagues both in terms of writing and acting

im 3 episodes in to season 3 and im not sold on wendy or the brother thus far

Spoiler

not sure what role the brother plays other than a bit of an enabler and  / or a poorly written slightly ajar bad boy, I hope wendy is being built up for a massive fall, her scarface rise does nothing for me

Edited by villa4europe

3 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Bloody hell. I’m only on season 2 and its absolutely nowhere near that tier of shows. 

So I’m very excited for what I’ve got to come!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

It’s excellent, although it does go downhill eventually unfortunately 

Just completed Ozark, no spoilers...….

Decent, not great, way off the very best, nothing outstanding, nothing clever, fairly entertaining though.

A frustrating watch in parts, poorly edited to fit running time, so much filler and nothing scenes.

Could be much better in better hands.

7.5/10

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I started Life on Mars last night. I missed it the first time round, and the talk of a third series caught my interest. It's really bloody good, isn't it?

I watched it first time round, and seen really enjoyed it. Haven’t seen it since then and wasn’t sure if it would age well. Glad it stands the time. 
Not sure about another series though as Ashes to Ashes followed, for me that wasn’t quite as good. 

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I started Life on Mars last night. I missed it the first time round, and the talk of a third series caught my interest. It's really bloody good, isn't it?

Love it. I binge re-watched both seasons and all 3 seasons of Ashes to Ashes recently. 

Great TV

Â