General Chat

Stevo985

8 hours ago, Brumerican said:

One of the most surreal lightning storms I have ever seen over North Brum just now .  Genuine War Of The Worlds stuff.

Must have been all over the country, as it was the same here in Leeds. I think the change in pressure woke me up initially, then there was an earsplitting bang and lighting flash, followed by biblical rainfall. 

The missus slept through it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I did enjoy it, the game itself flew by but there was 18 minutes between periods which seemed a lot.  I was sat between my two mates who are big lads so they kept me fairly warm via osmosis or something.  Only one fight which was a shame.

Glad you enjoyed it! It’s a good spectator sport, imo. But, yeah, the two 18 min breaks can be a bit long, even if they are necessary to water and freeze the ice. Thank god for shit-talking mates and/or smartphones. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Must have been all over the country, as it was the same here in Leeds. I think the change in pressure woke me up initially, then there was an earsplitting bang and lighting flash, followed by biblical rainfall. 

Yeah it was down in Sussex too.  I normally sleep straight through thunderstorms so it must have been a biggy.

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Im a light sleeper and i didnt see or hear anything from where i am

I know i’ve mentioned this before but it’s a great deal, Monese prepaid debit card which is free seem to do this offer once a month.

They sell gift cards for dozens of major shops at 20% below their value. I just picked up a £200 gift card for Morrisons for £160 as it’s where I tend to fill up my car. 

spacer.png

If you went for the top one every month to buy things you’d buy anyway it would save nearly a thousand pounds.

• Thanks 4

On 05/09/2022 at 01:31, Brumerican said:

One of the most surreal lightning storms I have ever seen over North Brum just now .  Genuine War Of The Worlds stuff.

The worst one I can remember in recent times was in Watford on the evening after the play-off final losing to Fulham. It was absolutely bonkers

Â