General Chat

Stevo985

7 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Stressing badly over a hospitalised pet cat. It’s really eating my lunch. 😿 I just hate leaving him in hospital. Feel like a bad cat parent. 

What the hell was in your lunch that hospitalised him? 

(Seriously, hope he's OK). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

What the hell was in your lunch that hospitalised him? 

(Seriously, hope he's OK). 

Haha, cheers. Just got news a few minutes ago that he’s bounced back, and he’s coming home. Idiopathic pancreatitis, apparently, but a one-off, they think. Whole family is a bit more relaxed 😌 now. 

• Like 2

We had a panic last night when the dog came in from the garden making weird noises and pawing at her mouth. Missus thought she couldn't breathe and started freaking out so I grabbed the dog and started smacking her back. Lay her on her side and opened her mouth to try and look, stupid cow had got a stick wedged between her teeth across the top of her mouth. Pulled it out and she just lay there, ashamed.

Missus and the lad jumped on her for cuddles after thinking she was near death.

Glad someone kept calm. 🙄

Edited by Dante_Lockhart
  • Like 2

On 18/08/2022 at 08:45, Dante_Lockhart said:

Does anybody ever get the urge to want to have a full body health check? With all the cancer awareness and stuff thrown in your face every day I'd be lying if I said my anxiety wasn't 'flaring' thinking about it. I've not got any symptoms of illness or anything, but I just keep thinking "What if?" and a part of me, for peace of mind more than anything, would like to have ALL THE SCANS to find out.

I've lost 2 people in the past 2 months to cancer, and my Granddad was given months last October - so I think it's just a bit close to home at the mo.

I thought about it, my mom died from cancer 2 yrs ago, around the same time my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer (all clear now) and my dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer (clear now) but the cancer had already spread so he's now terminal and he's now been diagnosed with Crohns. I had the forms to complete for Gene testing to see if I too had the cancer gene but decided against it as I was unsure if I wanted to walk around know that I could have it

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

We had a panic last night when the dog came in from the garden making weird noises and pawing at her mouth. Missus thought she couldn't breathe and started freaking out so I grabbed the dog and started smacking her back. Lay her on her side and opened her mouth to try and look, stupid cow had got a stick wedged between her teeth across the top of her mouth. Pulled it out and she just lay there, ashamed.

Missus and the lad jumped on her for cuddles after thinking she was near death.

Glad someone kept calm. 🙄

A very similar thing happened to a friend's dog last week. But the stick punctured his throat, he had to be rushed to the vets for emergency surgery, and died on the operating table. Given that the guy's missus has terminal cancer, you can only imagine what state their kids are in.  :(

• Sad 2

Today was supposed to be a chill day. Because of that I decided to take the dog for a massive walk this morning. 

Then came sorting the garage and delivered 2 huge loads (kw) to the local tip. 

Then came the missus wanting the front garden sorting (kw2) so was digging a load of old ugly plants and bushes out of the concrete like soil.

I’m absolutely ruined now. I probably won’t be able to move in the morning.

I love it when I'm working from home and my mother-in-law is in my living room at lunchtime so I can't play PS5 or anything.

I also really love it when my mother-in-law is here when I log off at 5pm and I want to put my feet up. I really love that.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

I love it when I'm working from home and my mother-in-law is in my living room at lunchtime so I can't play PS5 or anything.

I also really love it when my mother-in-law is here when I log off at 5pm and I want to put my feet up. I really love that.

This is why when having sex with your girlfriend you should always be imagining her mother.

7 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I think Giggs is getting a guilty. Remember the affair with his brother's partner? The chickens have come home to roost. 

Affordable (for him) fine and suspended sentence so no time served. 

14 hours ago, bickster said:

This is why when having sex with your girlfriend you should always be imagining her mother.

I still do that now, is anything wrong with that? 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What a horrible way to find out that Knotty Ash isn't a made up place :(

Despite what is reported this didn’t happen near the jam butty mines. Liverpool suburbs are rather like the current trend in pronouns 

Apparently someone who I assume is a Hippity Hop "artist" called Fetty Wap faces prison after admitting a drug charge. 

Surely he should face prison just for such a stupid **** name?

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Â