General Chat

Stevo985

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Apparently someone who I assume is a Hippity Hop "artist" called Fetty Wap faces prison after admitting a drug charge. 

Surely he should face prison just for such a stupid **** name?

Wetty Fap? 

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Apparently someone who I assume is a Hippity Hop "artist" called Bell End faces prison after admitting a drug charge. 

Surely he should face prison just for such a stupid **** name?

FTFY

On 18/08/2022 at 18:15, Demitri_C said:

Finlands PM is abit tasty isnt she? Never have i heard a PM going raving 😂

Finlands PM is a bit tasty isn’t she? Never have I heard a PM flashing her boobs in her official residence 😂

Don't know if this has been discussed elsewhere on here but .... does anyone else go out of their way to avoid using 'self service checkout in super markets ? This being on the premise that it is doing people out of a job.

5 hours ago, veloman said:

Don't know if this has been discussed elsewhere on here but .... does anyone else go out of their way to avoid using 'self service checkout in super markets ? This being on the premise that it is doing people out of a job.

I used to, for the same reason. Then I got sick of waiting in huge queues only to be served by a mardy check out person. Started using self service in the lockdown and not looked back since. 

On 27/08/2022 at 15:24, veloman said:

It's nonsense too, as far as I know, they haven't reduced staff numbers, just freed up more staff to stack shelves

The checkout thing. Totally depends on the situation. If there are long queues at the staffed tills, and I have a small amount of shopping (with no complications like medicines, razor blades or alcohol), I'll use the self-serve. Otherwise, I tend to use the staffed ones. 

I have yet to use a handheld (as you go round) self-scan system. 

24 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I have yet to use a handheld (as you go round) self-scan system. 

Absolute godsend, I do it on my phone, don't even need one of their handsets.

Turn up to till, bags already packed, scan code, no bags needed, use vouchers, pay and unless theres alcohol involved, done in two minutes flat

21 hours ago, bickster said:

It's nonsense too, as far as I know, they haven't reduced staff numbers, just freed up more staff to stack shelves

The key to that assertion is "as far as I know". My mother in law works on check outs at store in Cannock(West Mids) and she has been offered change of role or redundancy; the store has last some 6 check out staff in the last 2 months. So perhaps not "nonsense'.

17 minutes ago, veloman said:

The key to that assertion is "as far as I know". My mother in law works on check outs at store in Cannock(West Mids) and she has been offered change of role or redundancy; the store has last some 6 check out staff in the last 2 months. So perhaps not "nonsense'.

And when did they introduce self service checkouts?

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

And when did they introduce self service checkouts?

Oh , some time ago but they have gradually reduced the number of manned (can you say that now ) checkouts and replaced them with self serve

Â