General Chat

Stevo985

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Just been out for brekkie. Full English, coffee and orange juice. £18. 

I reckon thats gone up at least £5 since I last went there, before the pandemic. 

Eating out quite a bit recently, cos next year I reckon we'll be reining it in a bit?

She's bought a Smartbud ear cleaner.

image.jpeg.9b24f0dac4627814ecc6b283c74b5706.jpeg

Cordless streaming camera on a stick with a little spotlight and shovel, displays on an app.

It's brilliant bit of technology, but a potential recipe for disaster.

The first Youtube video review we clicked on wasn't the best.

Duly the bloke managed to completely block up his ear with aged treacle coloured earwax :D

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Xann said:

She's bought a Smartbud ear cleaner.

image.jpeg.9b24f0dac4627814ecc6b283c74b5706.jpeg

Cordless streaming camera on a stick with a little spotlight and shovel, displays on an app.

It's brilliant bit of technology, but a potential recipe for disaster.

The first Youtube video review we clicked on wasn't the best.

Duly the bloke managed to completely block up his ear with aged treacle coloured earwax :D

Does it blow or suck air or water into the ear? 

On 14/09/2022 at 18:52, bickster said:

Ditch the roof windows, they'll be a pain it arse when a pigeon shits on them

I f**** hate Pigeons.

I would quite happily shoot every one of them that peaks at my lawn every morning and shits on my lads trampoline.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Xela said:

Just been out for brekkie. Full English, coffee and orange juice. £18. 

I reckon thats gone up at least £5 since I last went there, before the pandemic. 

We had full breakfast at Toby Carvery on Friday.  £5.50 all in pp.  It was pretty good too. I wasn't keen on the sausages though, one of those meaty types.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Jeez. It's only £15 at the Ivy. Where was this then?

Add coffee and juice to that and its about £23 at the Ivy! 

Just a local cafe/lounge up the road from me. Very nice, don't get me wrong, and as an occasional treat, I don't mind paying. Won't be doing it every week though! 

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

No, but the beans were served in a pot. 

What is this obsession with serving food in little additional receptacles? Just put it on my blinking plate won't you! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's just the beans. They go on the plate when I say so. Once the toast, eggs and bacon have gone, only then can the bean juice run free with the sausages. 

I'm sorry if my aristocrat ways offend you. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I find it staggering that so many supposed adults have that obsession. Eww, mummy, the beans touched the egg! 

What are you, five year olds? 

I don't care about it too much, but I see why some people do when it's something in a sauce, it's not about the food touching, it's about being able to control which bits are dry and crunchy and which bits go soggy.  At home I'll shove the beans on the plate where I want them, at a cafe I'd rather have them in a side bowl so I can put them where I want rather than risk the dreaded full-english soup.

• Like 2

First caveat, I don’t like baked beans. So I will replace them with tinned spaghetti when this discussion is brought up. 

I’m not precious about it, but I prefer things like toast to be away from the sauce on the plate as the toast should be relatively crisp. I don’t much like soggy toast. 

The sauce can touch the eggs, bacon, whatever else. That’s fine with me. 

Regardless, it’s been ages since I’ve had anything that could be even be considered something like a full english breakfast.

• Like 2

Got to get the beans involved early to soak up all the flavours. Add some tomato ketchup in there as well. I like to put a bit of every ingredient on the plate onto toast and fold it to make a mini full English sandwich. Beautiful.

Oh and if anyone attempts to put mushrooms or black pudding near my plate I will drop kick them. 

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Got to get the beans involved early to soak up all the flavours. Add some tomato ketchup in there as well. I like to put a bit of every ingredient on the plate onto toast and fold it to make a mini full English sandwich. Beautiful.

Oh and if anyone attempts to put mushrooms or black pudding near my plate I will drop kick them. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Does it blow or suck air or water into the ear? 

No. It's got like a teeny version of the thin spoons you used to get for adding ingredients to test tubes at school, with a slight upturned lip.

It goes on to the camera stick like a bayonet and it's illuminated by the light.

One way around and it's like a scoop you push into the wax, rotate 180 degrees and it's like a hook.

I'm assuming using it like a hook is safer?

Screenshot 2022-09-18 at 21.34.43.jpg

Â