General Chat

Stevo985

12 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Has anyone been to watch ice hockey before?   Might be a daft question (and probably one for the ice rink thread) but I'm going to see the Guildford team tomorrow and was wondering if you freeze your tits off in the stand?

Quite a lot, and the answer is no. Enjoy! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'm live in the Talksport studio at 10.30 this morning, talking football kit design.

I know it's cool to hate Talksport, but it's got to be a better option than Sunday Brunch, surely?! 😂

I listened in.

Maybe you could recommend some shirts for @bobtrouser to add to his football game (link to forum post)? thats if it's not too late?

Up the Villa.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

What the hells a trebuchet? And that looks more like a 8 than a 2 😂

I've no idea what a trebuchet is but all the rappers are saying it so I wanted to seem cool.

As for it looking like an 8 ? I can only assume you're posting from an Atari 2600.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

Planecrash with 4 people on board in the Baltic Sea. I heard the rescue chopper over here but we are far away so it is a backup one. Visby is closer.

2 last minutes on Flightradar here apparently.

This just got a mention on the news. They say it was flying “erratically” across several European countries, NATO jets were scrambled but couldn’t make contact and then it “crashed” into the sea. 🤔 

4 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

One of the most surreal lightning storms I have ever seen over North Brum just now .  Genuine War Of The Worlds stuff.

It woke me up and in a half asleep daze I thought Putin had lost it and had started sending the bombs over.

Sat up and watched it for a bit thinking ‘that’s odd, there’s no rain’ and then the heavens opened and now it’s over. Cool though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brumerican said:

One of the most surreal lightning storms I have ever seen over North Brum just now .  Genuine War Of The Worlds stuff.

Yep, our bedroom was lighting up over and over to. The Mrs was watching out of the window but I couldn’t be bothered.

I remember one 7 or 8 years back in the night and it was the loudest thunder ever. Terrifyingly loud. 

23 hours ago, El Zen said:

Quite a lot, and the answer is no. Enjoy! 

I did enjoy it, the game itself flew by but there was 18 minutes between periods which seemed a lot.  I was sat between my two mates who are big lads so they kept me fairly warm via osmosis or something.  Only one fight which was a shame.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Yep, our bedroom was lighting up over and over to. The Mrs was watching out of the window but I couldn’t be bothered.

I remember one 7 or 8 years back in the night and it was the loudest thunder ever. Terrifyingly loud. 

Yeah it really confused me last night. Woke up and wherever the storm was the thunder hadn't reached us yet but the lightning flashes were still really bright. In my half asleep state I didn't know what was going on

Â