General Chat

Stevo985

Yeah good weekend thanks, spent it with the boy. Was a bit of a running widdow but getting used to it ;)(To be fair, I spent the whole day at Merry Hill, so I can't complain...)

How about you? Getting back into the swing of things after the honeymoon?

Also busy at work, got an Audit this week! But I bloody hate Mondays anyway! Already looking forward to the weekend.

I spent my weekend in discussions with my ex who seems to have realised that the grass wasn't greener on the other side. Now I don't know what to do so that's playing on my mind!

I spent my weekend in discussions with my ex who seems to have realised that the grass wasn't greener on the other side. Now I don't know what to do so that's playing on my mind!

Ahhh bless you. How long have you been apart?

Ahhh bless you. How long have you been apart?

Just over a year. Was gutted last year when she dumped me and she'd since gone and moved in with her new fella. But that's all gone to pot and she's all into me again it would seem.

It's weird because I'd completely gotten over it (as you would hope after a year!) and had settled on the fact that it was never going to happen and had moved on. But now she's back and even though I keep telling myself it would be a bad idea to go back there, I can't help but like her again. A lot.

Wel I've gheyed this thread up a bit!

Yeah good weekend thanks, spent it with the boy. Was a bit of a running widdow but getting used to it ;)(To be fair, I spent the whole day at Merry Hill, so I can't complain...)

where is merry hill? is it that shopping centre towards wolverhampton way?

back in the swing of things slowly - come back to work and its crazzzzzzzy!

i am off today as i had a long weekend for my birthday today, however my little dog has hurt her back leg (the other one was amputated about 5 years ago due to cancer), and she can not move without asistance... she is becoming very frustrated that she can not walk...

i could not get a vets appointment until 16:20, so i am sitting nursing her for the day... she is feeling very sorry for herself... bless her...

Ohhh Steve, I feel for you, that's really difficult.

My personal experience? Well, I was in almost exactly the same situation with my childhood sweetheart. Dated for like 3 years in school. Then broke up, grew apart, my career became more important to me, it wasn't working etc etc.

Saw each other a few years later and inevitably that spark was still there, we ended up getting back together, we'd both grown and learnt more about life and we thought it would work. Moved into a lovely little cottage together and it slowly became as evident as it was before that it didn't work - we broke up for a reason - so I left again.

I learnt my lesson. If you break up for a long time (ie. Not a short term 'break' with the intention of possibly working things out which I think is very different) it's usually for a reason deemed good enough for you to make that intelligent decision in the first place.

Although there's always exceptions :D

Ohhh Steve, I feel for you, that's really difficult.

My personal experience? Well, I was in almost exactly the same situation with my childhood sweetheart. Dated for like 3 years in school. Then broke up, grew apart, my career became more important to me, it wasn't working etc etc.

Saw each other a few years later and inevitably that spark was still there, we ended up getting back together, we'd both grown and learnt more about life and we thought it would work. Moved into a lovely little cottage together and it slowly became as evident as it was before that it didn't work - we broke up for a reason - so I left again.

I learnt my lesson. If you break up for a long time (ie. Not a short term 'break' with the intention of possibly working things out which I think is very different) it's usually for a reason deemed good enough for you to make that intelligent decision in the first place.

Although there's always exceptions :D

I agree, and that's the reason I'm not sure its a good idea to get back into it.

However, it did work. When we were together there was never a bad time, easily the best GF I've ever had. Then one day she completely out of the blue said it wasn't working and that was it. No argumets, no falling out, no trying to fix it, nothing. One minute it was rosy, next minute gone.

I think she got her head turned and she claims she's always thought it was the wrong decision.

I dunno, we'll just have to see what happens, I just don't want to open myself up for another let down because it was really shit last time!

Oh, and my name's not Steve ;)

• Like 1

It's a monday, so hungover / tired from the weekend. And it's the start of the month, so all those month end accounting fiddles to put in place.

Yeh that's what I'm dealing with. Audit tomorrow AND its month end. What a shitter.

where is merry hill? is it that shopping centre towards wolverhampton way?

back in the swing of things slowly - come back to work and its crazzzzzzzy!

Aye, Brierley Hill.

And yes, always the way when you get back!

Â