General Chat

Stevo985

1 minute ago, Xela said:

How do you guys keep track of all your website username/passwords etc? Do you use online password managers or just write them down? 

I'm constantly in a mess with my passwords... always having to reset them as I can't remember them! 

**** hell Grandad. Do you also do telephone banking. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

How do you guys keep track of all your website username/passwords etc? Do you use online password managers or just write them down? 

I'm constantly in a mess with my passwords... always having to reset them as I can't remember them! 

I always click save/remember my password/login on the sites I use the most. Also I'm the only one that knows the password to my chromebook and I have Norton so not too worried about security.

But before I started doing that, I just made my passwords all relatively the same so easier to remember(Usually music based).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

**** hell Grandad. Do you also do telephone banking. 

Sort of, I just ring my wealth manager and he sorts out anything I need ;) 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I really can't believe my appalling behaviour that night. Honestly, it was SO not me and i laid low for weeks afterwards in case this lad rounded up a few mates to dance on my head, just to prove to his girl that he really WAS angry at my actions.

She was dead fit, mind...😉

I think we've all had nights where we act way out of character. Even years later you think back on it and cringe at what you did! 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

There's a day around September where everything apart from Thomas land is closed.

It's about £15 an adult and £10 for the kids.

As we're approaching that time, have a look for it because it's really good for under 6's.

Sounds great but his birthday is end of August and he's turning 4 which means he's starting school beginning of September. Wish I'd looked into it earlier as they have a parent toddler pass for £25 if outside of school holidays. 

Just now, bickster said:

I’m apparently about to pick up Bono’s son as a fare. He's in some band I've never heard of.

Inhaler - I think.

Theyre nowt special and no doubt wouldn’t be signed up if it weren’t for Daddy Bonio. 

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Inhaler - I think.

Theyre nowt special and no doubt wouldn’t be signed up if it weren’t for Daddy Bonio. 

Yep that's them. I was told but the brain forgot the shit band name straight away.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, YLN said:

while the Ghana bananas went green to yellow as god intended them - in the sunshine. 

Bananas as god intended them, before science turned them into something edible.

330px-Inside_a_wild-type_banana.jpg

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I’m apparently about to pick up Bono’s son as a fare. He's in some band I've never heard of.

I heard of them a few years back and they sounded ok …you can hear they had a bit of a 90’s indie influence to them

Seems they then decided that sounding like Dad was the way to go and the new stuff is a bit meh 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Tell him from me his dad's band is shite. I'm sure he won't have heard that before. 

And me! 

Im sure ideas that the sons band has got a number 1 song/album. Bono had probably bought all of the stock to get it there.

42 minutes ago, Genie said:

Does anyone else feel like the summer isn’t really here?
I keep thinking “that’ll be good in the summer” or “we should do that in the summer” then I realise it’s here and happening now.

I think with the weather being mainly meh and the fact the children being at home is a normal fixture these days I forget what time of year it is.

Been awful this year. Just about 1 week of intense scorching heat and nothing else. Yay. One of the worst summers ever. I’ve worn shorts about 3 times. 

This summer has been a complete washout. Apart from the ‘heatwave’ for less than two weeks, where everyone complained it’s too hot. I got the opportunity to do a few hours fishing on the river last night, was looking forward to it all week as I’d been stuck inside working. It rained for the whole two hours before I gave in and came home. The nights are already drawing in and soon it’ll be dark at 5pm and cold and wet for six months. 

I think I need to emigrate. 

• Like 4

On 18/08/2021 at 21:12, bickster said:

was skiing in val d'isere few years back and he was at the resort at the same time by all accounts. i snogged some girl on an apres ski evening out and some mates i was with were adamant she was his daughter as they'd seen her with him. i am 100% positive they were either mistaken or on a wind up but i'm claiming it anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

This summer has been a complete washout. Apart from the ‘heatwave’ for less than two weeks, where everyone complained it’s too hot. I got the opportunity to do a few hours fishing on the river last night, was looking forward to it all week as I’d been stuck inside working. It rained for the whole two hours before I gave in and came home. The nights are already drawing in and soon it’ll be dark at 5pm and cold and wet for six months. 

I think I need to emigrate. 

I'm with you. This summer has been a complete disaster. Last summer was just annoying, with loads of nice days but they were all Monday to Friday and then it rained or was cloudy most weekends. But this summer has just been shit, with that brief exception.

• Like 1

Â