General Chat

Stevo985

Don't really get hangovers any more, I might be a little vacant for a bit the next day but that is about the extent of it

I can drink a few cans of beer, a bottle of red and maybe a couple of G&Ts over the course of a night and that's it, just a bit vacant when I get up and it's usually gone by midday

I did used to suffer from them when I was younger but not to the extent that most of my mates did

I can't explain it and I have no magic formula or theories

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

The hangovers have got worse as I have got older. 

Opposite for me thankfully.

I'd say the last ferocious one I had was about 25 years ago. Similar to @bicksterI can drink a fair old whack in one night and just be slightly off the pace for the first few hours of the next day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Opposite for me thankfully.

I'd say the last ferocious one I had was about 25 years ago. Similar to @bicksterI can drink a fair old whack in one night and just be slightly off the pace for the first few hours of the next day.

I have 2 different hangovers. The more favourable is a slight headache, the other is lying in bed vowing never to drink again. Usually goes by 1pm and then nothing. Science probably means it's me being bald and a sugar crash of some description. 

I’m a lucky bugger in that I hardly ever get hangovers - nowadays the worst I get is feeling totally jaded for a day.

As for barfing due to drinking, I’ve barfed a lot - the worst was after lining a bar with shots of southern comfort and racing my mate to reach the middle first! I cannot drink that stuff anymore.

Also drank three pints of port and re-enacted the lift scene from The Shining and once mistook my mates wardrobe for a bathroom! 

the best cure for the morning after is full fat Coke and a greasy KFC! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Big Salad said:

Best hangover cure:

Aspirin and some pickle juice

Full English. 

My Mom used to make me one when I lived at home. Christ, I might move back in with them! 

• Like 1

Hangovers are the reason I don't really get drunk anymore, only on occasions, parties and the like. 

You always know it's gone too far when you go the toilet before closing time and have time to think, "my god I'm wrecked". Then you manage to get home (some how), get into bed, the room starts spinning and you have a headache like there's an axe sticking out of it. I remember thinking one night, "I think I'm gonna need the paramedics this time, if I die I die, I've had a good night". We have all been there yeah? 😂

• Like 1

I'm always impressed with my ability to get home and get to bed, even if I can't remember how I did it! Like a drunk and disgraced homing pigeon. 

• Like 4

Resolve_10x.jpg

These were an absolute miracle hangover cure. Literally miraculous. They've got me out of many a hole. One of these and a short nap and you're right as rain.

Unfortunately they've been discontinued

These days I rely on a cocktail of paracetamol, Berocca and electrolytes.
Works ok but nowhere near as good as Resolve

a mate bought some of these to a stag do a few years back. drank one before bed and did actually feel ok in the morning. can't say that was a direct result of this though

Morning-Recovery-Hangover-Cure-Drink

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

went through a few years in my 20s when i was the same, could have 2 beers or 20 beers and i was puking in the morning

not really one for puking on the night whilst actually pissed though, its the morning that it gets me

That's the ticket!

47 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Resolve_10x.jpg

These were an absolute miracle hangover cure. Literally miraculous. They've got me out of many a hole. One of these and a short nap and you're right as rain.

Unfortunately they've been discontinued

These days I rely on a cocktail of paracetamol, Berocca and electrolytes.
Works ok but nowhere near as good as Resolve

Solphadine plus, before you go to bed, works most times, if I can remember.

13 hours ago, tomav84 said:

a mate bought some of these to a stag do a few years back. drank one before bed and did actually feel ok in the morning. can't say that was a direct result of this though

Morning-Recovery-Hangover-Cure-Drink

Yeah I've tried these. They're ok to be fair. Taste absolutely rank though

On 16/08/2021 at 17:17, mottaloo said:

I cheerily shook his hand, turned to his missus and whilst shouting "wa-HEEEEY !!!" at the top of my voice, grabbed both her boobs, then made a honk honk noise. I then finished off by giving her front bottom a playful tickle and staggered off to the toilets. 

Sorry, is there another way to greet a woman? 

• Haha 1

Â