General Chat

Stevo985

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

My wife has asked me to ask on here why Tom Cruise is in Birmingham today, so if you have any info on that . . .

He's been spotted a few times in recent weeks... at Grand Central meeting people, on the roof at Grand Central. The general consensus is that some of the last Mission Impossible movie is being filmed in the city. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

My wife has asked me to ask on here why Tom Cruise is in Birmingham today, so if you have any info on that . . .

He’s been in the UK for a while filming the latest Mission Impossible movie. He was at Silverstone for the F1, Euros final, both Wimbledon finals too. 

• Thanks 1

Could be a Telly Savalas style Birmingham Promo being planned?

“Mission Impossible? Not with more canals than Venice and a Forbidden Planet store that’s the envy of many a provincial town. Come to Birmingham, we have  Nando’s and more than seven Greggs.”

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

He's been spotted a few times in recent weeks... at Grand Central meeting people, on the roof at Grand Central. The general consensus is that some of the last Mission Impossible movie is being filmed in the city. 

Nah, mate. He’s proper Blues. KRO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He is filming scenes for Mission Impossible at Grand Central.  There have been a lot of big movies shot in Brum recently.  The Girl With All The Gifts, Ready Player 1, Kingsman 2.  I think there is a big push to get more filming done here. 

• Thanks 1

Does anyone else think McDonalds is worse now they make everything fresh? 

When they made everything and kept it warm in the food bin behind the tills, for me the cheese used to melt nicely, the burger gain some inherent heat and settle nicely. 

Now it comes out with the cheese still cold and unmelted and the whole burger just not as satisfying. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Does anyone else think McDonalds is worse now they make everything fresh? 

When they made everything and kept it warm in the food bin behind the tills, for me the cheese used to melt nicely, the burger gain some inherent heat and settle nicely. 

Now it comes out with the cheese still cold and unmelted and the whole burger just not as satisfying. 

McDonald’s is worse in general now. Food, service, everything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Worse?

Worse?

**** hell.

Yep. Worse.

Food used to taste nicer and you could get it quicker too. 
Last couple of times I’ve offered to grab my lad a McDonald’s on the way back from football training he’s said no, can’t be bothered to wait in the queue.

I haven't been there in a couple of years (used to go for a breakfast muffin) but driving past the Tamworth one, it seems full of those Uber Eats/Deliveroo/Just Eat drivers. I know its been mentioned before on here, but they're probably collecting multiple orders as well. 

I can't imagine having a maccies delivered. Its not piping hot when you have it there and then, must be stone cold if its being delivered. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Xela said:

I haven't been there in a couple of years (used to go for a breakfast muffin) but driving past the Tamworth one, it seems full of those Uber Eats/Deliveroo/Just Eat drivers. I know its been mentioned before on here, but they're probably collecting multiple orders as well. 

I can't imagine having a maccies delivered. Its not piping hot when you have it there and then, must be stone cold if its being delivered. 

and a cold burger and cold floppy fries are the worst!

On 20/08/2021 at 23:30, SuperTed said:

If you did then you’ve won VillaTalk 

21167F10-8CD4-49DB-B786-62C54536C0A1.jpeg

Watched her in something recently, maybe Netflix.  She's absolutely tremendous but I had no idea she was Bono's daughter!  Also had no idea Bono's son was in Inhaler!  

Me and the missus had a maccies in Meadowhall a few years back, she took a bite of her Big Mac and found it was cold. I took it back for a swap and was promptly told that Big Macs are meant to be a cold sandwich! That was news to me. I could have sworn they were cooked burgers. 

I think even calling it a burger is a stretch.

That said, there is a time and place for them; specifically for me, waiting on a late train home from Waterloo after a jaunt into London.  With fries, 3-piece chicken select and barbecue sauce (the nice pot ones, not the shite sachets).  Always have mine plain with no cheese as well, just good ol' mostly-imitation bread and meat.  Washed down with a Dr Pepper from Smiths up the escalator and a double decker for afters.

I'm dying in my 50s, for sure.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Me and the missus had a maccies in Meadowhall a few years back, she took a bite of her Big Mac and found it was cold. I took it back for a swap and was promptly told that Big Macs are meant to be a cold sandwich! That was news to me. I could have sworn they were cooked burgers. 

:lol: You sure they weren't having you on?! 

20 minutes ago, Xela said:

:lol: You sure they weren't having you on?! 

I did ask him what the hell he was on about. But they swapped it anyway. I should have taken that one back and complained that my cold sandwich was warm. 

Anyway, I’ve not eaten McDonalds for a year and a half now. That legalised crack has no hold on me anymore :)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, troon_villan said:

Also had no idea Bono's son was in Inhaler!  

I actually don't know how it's possible to have even heard of that band without knowing that.  Literally everything I've seen or heard about them mentions the fact. 

Â