General Chat

Stevo985

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Even the breakfasts are shite, how on earth do they manage to make bacon flavourless

I never touch the bacon mcmuffin, always plump for the sausage (calling Kenneth Williams to VT!) as that has some taste. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, troon_villan said:

I was thinking you're getting way to angry about this but then I remember that this is how I feel about mac n cheese.  Why anyone would scroll past the steak pies, roasts and pizzas and go for cheesy pasta is beyond me.

I LOVE mac and cheese...

... as a side

• Shocked 1

7 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I’ve seen this documentary a few times, or rather some of it. This is the first time I’ve seen the bit that was on just where they go back and speak to those women 15 years later. I can’t recall ever seeing that before.

Because it’s essentially hand held camera footage of what people were seeing, I find it slightly strange that the producers don’t include the (admittedly limited) footage of the first plane.

Maybe they don't own it 

Not sure what the documentary is that follows the fire fighters and has the "good" footage of the first plane hitting but that's a good doc 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Maybe they don't own it 

Not sure what the documentary is that follows the fire fighters and has the "good" footage of the first plane hitting but that's a good doc 

Yeah I did wonder if it was something along those lines. The guys who filmed it are professional film makers and as you say it’s in another documentary. Can’t say I’ve seen that one.

31 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Yeah I did wonder if it was something along those lines. The guys who filmed it are professional film makers and as you say it’s in another documentary. Can’t say I’ve seen that one.

thats one of the best ones IMO because by pure coincidence they were there

just seen that spike lee has an 8 hour docuseries coming to HBO for the 20th anniversary, will give that a watch

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Shame on you for going down that escalator when there is a superior Burger King at the forecourt level 

bacon double cheeseburger FTW

Bacon double cheese is the greatest fast food burger out there.

Burger King shits all over McDonalds tbh. 

• Like 1

BK do better specials too, the mcdonalds thing of bacon cheeseburger with a twist for 2 months before bringing back the big tasty for 2 months has got boring, BK at least make some effort to tempt me in

that said we have the McRib all year round here so there is that 

The very short list of things I've liked in McDonalds:

Root Beer (yes they did this when it first started in UK)

Chicken Selects

The even shorter list for KFC

Zinger Burger

There are no other lists

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

thats one of the best ones IMO because by pure coincidence they were there

just seen that spike lee has an 8 hour docuseries coming to HBO for the 20th anniversary, will give that a watch

It's the definitive documentary on the day of September the 11th. The footage is heartbreaking but amongst the best, if you can call it that. 

Burger King’s Bacon Double XL with cheese is the king imo. It’s the best fast food burger you can get. Their fries are the best too. 

McD’s wise, double egg & cheese McMuffin, nuggets or a couple of pickleless cheeseburgers are about all I’ll enjoy. I’ll eat other stuff they do but I wouldn’t actually enjoy it. They did do a decent jerk chicken burger recently though. 

I’ll never understand the clamour for Five Guys either. One of the most disappointing burgers I’ve eaten in my life. Needs to be at least half the price they charge. Jokers.

Also, I know it’s not great for the environment so it’s the right call to ditch them but I miss the 80’s/90’s McDonald’s polystyrene burger packaging. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

Bacon double cheese is the greatest fast food burger out there.

Correct.

And a quarter pounder with cheese is far better than a big mac at mcdonalds.

I don't eat any of them anymore. but when I did that was the hierarchy

The Big Mac is complete shit

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Burger King’s Bacon Double XL with cheese is the king imo. It’s the best fast food burger you can get. Their fries are the best too. 

McD’s wise, double egg & cheese McMuffin, nuggets or a couple of pickleless cheeseburgers are about all I’ll enjoy. I’ll eat other stuff they do but I wouldn’t actually enjoy it. They did do a decent jerk chicken burger recently though. 

I’ll never understand the clamour for Five Guys either. One of the most disappointing burgers I’ve eaten in my life. Needs to be at least half the price they charge. Jokers.

Also, I know it’s not great for the environment so it’s the right call to ditch them but I miss the 80’s/90’s McDonald’s polystyrene burger packaging. 

This is what I meant - the Bacon Double Cheese XL.

I'm generally cutting down on the amount of meat I eat (hi Kenneth) to be better for my health and the environment and blah blah blah.  The other day, I had a Bacon Double Cheese XL meal and it was just heavenly :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

so right...but then so wrong on mcdonalds 

mcmuffins are garbage and the gherkins are the best thing in there 

the best thing in five guys is the drinks machine

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

so right...but then so wrong on mcdonalds 

mcmuffins are garbage and the gherkins are the best thing in there 

the best thing in five guys is the drinks machine

I agree with McMuffins with sausage or bacon on them but egg and cheese on there own (specifically double egg and cheese), I dunno man, it’s just better. 

Everyone failing to mention that the hash brown is the best bit.

McDonalds breakfast in Poland is pretty funny, instead of a McMuffin you get two inverted burger buns with the insides (now outside) toasted with bacon and cheese (or whatever) on called a McToast. It's actually pretty good though, and for less than a quid with a coffee, I'm not complaining. The extra hash brown is still the best bit, though it's almost as expensive again to get one of them added on.

Best thing you can do for a BK is stop at a services with a KFC in as well and put a chicken fillet on the **** too.

• Like 1

Â