Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

48 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Out of interest. Why do you want Everton to go down? 

The way they’ve come across to me as a fanbase since we came back up plus the incident at Goodison last season after we scored. The FFP they’ve managed to get around without a pts deduction too. They need to experience relegation like us and humble themselves a bit imo. They look like Burnley mk.2 right now anyway so its probably best. 

disclaimer/ Used to like them when we’d have those top 6 battles through the MON days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Looking at those fixtures everton couls get a resukt at Leicester and Bournemouth at home. That might save them

Leeds have to bought Bournemouth' its simple as that for them as fixtures are tough 

They have to win now at Leicester and I just don't see that happening 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

They have to win now at Leicester and I just don't see that happening 

Its going to be a very tough game but one i will love as a neutral

I can see it being tight a 1-0 that will go either way

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its going to be a very tough game but one i will love as a neutral

I can see it being tight a 1-0 that will go either way

Think Maddison and Barnes will rip apart that Everton backline, will be 2 or 3 nil Leicester.

I had a mate at Uni who was an Everton fan (still mates). During my time at Uni, we were in the Lambert years, so I got nonstop teasing from him that we were going down, we're shit etc etc. Part of me wants Everton to go down just so that I can return the favour.

They do need a big reset - the only issue is that their financial worries would make relegation a much bigger worry than it was for us.

Edited by JoshVilla
Typo

32 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

They do need a big reset - the only issue is that their financial worries would make relegation a much bigger worry than it was for us.

My brother is an Everton fan, who at the start of the season suggested that they will have the best stadium in League 1, looks like he might be right.

• Like 1

Everton will be attractive to a buyer even if they go down - you'd think the club will literally come for nothing so long as the buyer services the many debts and completes the stadium. Would then just need to rebuild the team like we had to, the change will do them good.

2 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

If Everton stay up they do have the potential to be a big club again with the new stadium, if they go down any new owners will have to take on a lot of debt.

i think thats out dated

that's what they told themselves for 10-15 years, build the stadium and everything will finally click in to place and they'll be a top team competing, whilst in the background the owner was selling the training pitch floodlights let alone neglecting the youth set up and various other bits of infrastructure

by the time that stadium is finally built they'll look round and realise they're too far behind on too many other aspects as well and they'll be stuck where they are just with better corporate facilities

Leicester Everton is a must watch on Monday night.  Leicester fans after the last 2 games and understanding the predicament will be baying for blood.  Everton will be turning up with very little confidence. 

So a guaranteed nil nil borefest ! 

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Everton will be attractive to a buyer even if they go down - you'd think the club will literally come for nothing so long as the buyer services the many debts and completes the stadium. Would then just need to rebuild the team like we had to, the change will do them good.

Yep, and with the parachute payment they'll be right back up you'd think.

Going to be 2 from 3 for me.

Leeds, Everton, Forest.

(Bournemouth gone already) - edit meant Southampton  🫣

They're all equally rubbish and in equally atrocious form.

Leicester also aligned with the form, but they do have PL quality players and a slightly more favourable run in.

Looking at the run ins it will probably be Leeds that sneak survival. I'd rather it was Forest.

Edited by MrBlack

21 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Going to be 2 from 3 for me.

Leeds, Everton, Forest.

(Bournemouth gone already)

They're all equally rubbish and in equally atrocious form.

Leicester also aligned with the form, but they do have PL quality players and a slightly more favourable run in.

Looking at the run ins it will probably be Leeds that sneak survival. I'd rather it was Forest.

Is this part of a sneaky, mid season name change ploy by Southampton?

It’s worth a try, I suppose.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, jim said:

I reckon it will be the current bottom 3 but I would love it if it was Everton, Forest and Leicester.

They are the three I would want to survive. For me it's Leeds and any two south of England clubs. 

Would like to see Forest stay up, after that I’m not too fussed. We’re guaranteed to lose at least one ‘established’ PL team, possibly all three if you consider Leeds as established now so it’s decent for variation and mixing it up. Although receiving back Burnley and Sheffield United isn’t overly inspiring, hopefully an unfancied side can make it through the playoffs.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Would like to see Forest stay up, after that I’m not too fussed. We’re guaranteed to lose at least one ‘established’ PL team, possibly all three if you consider Leeds as established now so it’s decent for variation and mixing it up. Although receiving back Burnley and Sheffield United isn’t overly inspiring, hopefully an unfancied side can make it through the playoffs.

Although Middlesbrough are an exciting side at the moment, they'd be one of the duller additions as a club. Luton or Millwall would be nice novelties but scumbag fans would make that old quick. Sunderland would be dull, Blackburn meh.

I hope Leeds go down, Pablo Hernandez resigns, they spend the whole of the season telling the world he's better than Jack Grealish, then with 8 games left in the midst of a relegation battle, Patrick Bamford is appointed player-manager for the rest of the season and in the last game of the season v Small Heath - with both teams needing a win to stay up - Leeds are 1-0 up with 93mins played and Bamford scores an OG and relegates them both.