Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

Southampton, Bournemouth and Forest. Maybe Everton, Leicester or Leeds could get dragged in but I think it will be those 3. Nobody else in the running for me after looking at remaining fixtures. 

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Southampton, Bournemouth and Forest. Maybe Everton or Leeds could get dragged in but I think it will be those 3. Nobody else in the running for me.

19th placed Leicester, just lost to Bournemouth, haven’t won since 11th February, one point from their last eight matches…not even in your top five for consideration?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

19th placed Leicester, just lost to Bournemouth, haven’t won since 11th February, one point from their last eight matches…not even in your top five for consideration?

Yes, read above, I initially forgot to add them into the 3 that MAY be involved but they won't go down. They have decent fixtures and very good players.

Edited by GlobalVillan

10 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Why are currently 19th placed, winless in eight Leicester City not “in the running” to be relegated according to you? They are seemingly not in your top five most likely candidates to be relegated.

Why do you think that?

Edit - I see you have now amended the original to include them.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

31 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Why are currently 19th placed, winless in eight Leicester City not “in the running” to be relegated according to you? They are seemingly not in your top five most likely candidates to be relegated.

Why do you think that?

Edit - I see you have now amended the original to include them.

Yes I forgot to initially include them in the MAYBE part of my post and corrected it right away. I still think they will survive although I hope they don't!

15 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yes I forgot to initially include them in the MAYBE part of my post and corrected it right away. I still think they will survive although I hope they don't!

Yeah I think there’s a bit of a lag or something because your edit didn’t appear for me.

As for Leicester, for me they’re not quite in that immediate wish list of teams I want to drop, but there’s a sort of intrigue if they went down. I think it’s more interesting if they went down instead of say, Bournemouth. But obviously not as interesting as it would be if Everton dropped. 

15 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Yeah I think there’s a bit of a lag or something because your edit didn’t appear for me.

As for Leicester, for me they’re not quite in that immediate wish list of teams I want to drop, but there’s a sort of intrigue if they went down. I think it’s more interesting if they went down instead of say, Bournemouth. But obviously not as interesting as it would be if Everton dropped. 

I want them to drop so that we can sign Harvey Barnes. Absolutely brilliant player and exactly what we need. If they do go down there will be a fair few of theor players in high demand such as Barnes, Maddison, Ndidi etc....

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

Southampton, Bournemouth and Forest. Maybe Everton, Leicester or Leeds could get dragged in but I think it will be those 3. Nobody else in the running for me after looking at remaining fixtures. 

Bournemouth will be safe with a win at Southampton and 4 points from the Leeds and West Ham home games and I think they're playing well enough to do that. Can get points in a few other games aswell.

Gary O'Neil should be outsider for manager of the season as I had them finishing rock bottom Norwich style after the start they made.

Forest and Southampton look like locks certainly but they still have to play each other in the run in so perhaps the winner of that game might win another game a week later and then they have a half chance.

Leicester 2nd bottom, picked up 1 point in last 8 games and generally look like they've given up and they "could get dragged in." Interesting phrase to describe their current situation, there's a bit more panic on Foxes Talk!

2 teams have have 27 points from 30 games, so averaging well less than 1ppg. Stick in a freak result and they'll probably get to 36/37 from their 38.

So realistically, given most of them play each other because there's so many involved, 37 should be enough - so 2 wins for the likes of Wolves, West Ham, Palace and possibly Leeds is very achievable.

Forest and Southampton look in huge trouble - one is adrift and miles away from a mid 30s points total, and the other doesn't look like they've got another win in them.

Everton need 10 points to get to 37, which isnt impossible, but they have tough games.

Leicester have tough games, the fans have turned and they look in huge trouble.

Got a feeling this might be a bit of an anti-climax, with Southampton going,  and 2 of Leicester, Forest and Bournemouth being involved to the last couple of games.

3 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Those are the three i tipped and still think are going down althoygh Bournemouth have been eevived recently. Out of the three they most likely to aurv9ve

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Those are the three i tipped and still think are going down althoygh Bournemouth have been eevived recently. Out of the three they most likely to aurv9ve

Are you writing this on a smartphone on the top deck of a London bus?

• Haha 2