Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

12 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I hope Leeds go down, Pablo Hernandez resigns, they spend the whole of the season telling the world he's better than Jack Grealish, then with 8 games left in the midst of a relegation battle, Patrick Bamford is appointed player-manager for the rest of the season and in the last game of the season v Small Heath - with both teams needing a win to stay up - Leeds are 1-0 up with 93mins played and Bamford scores an OG and relegates them both. 

Bamford sitting on a bucket in the oppositions half barking instructions

14 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Live your life like every other Friday? 😃

I would but recovering from major op leg in brace so can't walk, go out or do anything vaguely exciting bar ps5 and watching footy. Bank Holiday weekend,  would normally be out getting pissed with the wife and friends 😀

Edited by brummybloke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Forest are done now after that soul destroying defeat 

Navas has made some really bad errors since joining them, embarrassing attempt to try to keep out Toney's FK that was nowhere near the corner and he just palmed one back into the six yard box for Brighton to score midweek.

Think Dean Henderson picking up injury mid season is one of the reasons Forest will go as they were actually reasonably solid mid season defensively.

Southampton and Forest probably down and as long as Bournemouth, (who I don't really care about) 7 points clear at present, gain 3 or 4 more points then the 3rd relegation position will be for a so called bigger club.

I reckon it could be Everton 

What's the lowest anyone has ever stayed up on, 33 points?

In those McLeish-Lambert years we still had to get to 38 points to be pretty sure of staying in league so one of Leeds, Everton or Forest is going to get very lucky this season.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

In those McLeish-Lambert years we still had to get to 38 points to be pretty sure of staying in league so one of Leeds, Everton or Forest is going to get very lucky this season.

I haven’t gone through season by season to confirm, but a quick search suggests that Baggies in 2004/05 hold the dubious honour for this with 34 points.

Palace and Norwich in 18th and 19th respectively had 33 points, Southampton bottom with 32 points. 

For reference, Portsmouth finished 17th with 39 points.

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

West Brom 34 points, we are 2nd with 35 under Smith

2 years ago you would have stayed up with 30 points but fourth bottom had 39

• Thanks 2