Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

Bournemouth just look like they have enough fight and the ability to perform to get themselves out of trouble. Haven't seen any other team with that ability down there except when Everton hired Dyche. 

Could turn it around and say Forest and Leicester are lucky that Leeds aren't very good, they're only two points ahead of Forest and that's with them having been on relatively good and Forest having been no a bad run, form changes, maybe Forest due some good results and Leeds not so good ones, even Leicester could be due some good form if they get new manager bounce, Southampton are only six points behind Leeds which seems a lot and is but all it takes is one with Southampton and one loss for Leeds and suddenly that gap is cut to just three points.

I'm reminded of this post where I proclaimed Villa. Not. Yet. Done. at the time we were seven points from safety with just four games to go, of course I don't mean I knew that we would survive just that I looked at the fixtures and thought that we still had a chance as unlikey as it seemed at that point and we're not the only team that has had such an ending to a season, so i think it's too early to declare any of eight or nine teams safe or not safe at the moment,.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

Can Chelsea get relegated?

It seems the answer is technically yes.  But it would need a lot of extreme results - ie: Chelsea losing every match and the 7 lowest teams beating top half teams to finish on 40 points.

but yes, the answer is yes.

After this week ends results the relegation scrap is starting to take shape now.

I'm with the bookies that it's between Southampton, Forest, Leicester, Everton, Bournemouth and Dirty Leeds.

So many of those teams have to play one another in the remaining 8 games theres bound to be more twists and turns

Here's the remaining fixtures of the bottom 6. 

With next w/e fixtures I can't see there being too much of a change to the table.

Bournemouth - Spurs A - West Ham H - Southampton A - Leeds H - Chelsea H - Palace A - Man U H - Everton A

Leeds - Liverpool H - Fulham A - Leicester H - Bournemouth A - Man City A - Newcastle H - West Ham A - Spurs H

Everton  - Fulham H - Palace A - Newcastle H - Leicester A - Brighton A - Man City H - Wolves A - Bournemouth H

Nottm Forest - Man U H - Liverpool A - Brighton H - Brentford A - Southampton H - Chelsea A - Arsenal H - Palace A

Leicester - Man City A - Wolves H - Leeds A - Everton H - Fulham A - Liverpool H - Newcastle A - West Ham H

Southampton - Palace H - Arsenal A - Bournemouth H - Newcastle A - Forest A - Fulham H - Brighton A - Liverpool H 

spacer.png

It's great to be able to watch this from afar.

2 minutes ago, imavillan said:

After this week ends results the relegation scrap is starting to take shape now.

I'm with the bookies that it's between Southampton, Forest, Leicester, Everton, Bournemouth and Dirty Leeds.

So many of those teams have to play one another in the remaining 8 games theres bound to be more twists and turns

Here's the remaining fixtures of the bottom 6. 

With next w/e fixtures I can't see there being too much of a change to the table.

Bournemouth - Spurs A - West Ham H - Southampton A - Leeds H - Chelsea H - Palace A - Man U H - Everton A

Leeds - Liverpool H - Fulham A - Leicester H - Bournemouth A - Man City A - Newcastle H - West Ham A - Spurs H

Everton  - Fulham H - Palace A - Newcastle H - Leicester A - Brighton A - Man City H - Wolves A - Bournemouth H

Nottm Forest - Man U H - Liverpool A - Brighton H - Brentford A - Southampton H - Chelsea A - Arsenal H - Palace A

Leicester - Man City A - Wolves H - Leeds A - Everton H - Fulham A - Liverpool H - Newcastle A - West Ham H

Southampton - Palace H - Arsenal A - Bournemouth H - Newcastle A - Forest A - Fulham H - Brighton A - Liverpool H 

spacer.png

It's great to be able to watch this from afar.

that everton v bournemouth game on the last day could be huge.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

that everton v bournemouth game on the last day could be huge.

That’s the one that I think is the most likely to be a battle to the death type game. A relegation play off, essentially.

Leicester v West Ham and Palace v Forest - I think West Ham and Palace will be safe by then (which I suppose would help Leicester and Forest).

They could still be a relegation six pointer(s) and I think there’s a very good chance there will be some twists and turns as a result of those games, but I think as far as a straight up six pointer, it’s more likely to happen at Goodison.

7 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Palace pretty much safe now, Wolves and Bournemouth also looking safeish.

West Ham, Leeds, Everton, Forest, Leicester, last two spots

Southampton gone. 

Pretty much. 

If we assume - as seems reasonable to me, given their dire away form - that Forest winning 3 games is about the maximum they could possibly achieve in a realistic scenario, then Palace are already safe on 36 points as their goal difference would be better than Forest's even if they lost every remaining game of the season. 

If 36 points is the marker of safety - and I think that's almost certainly too high - then Wolves and Bournemouth are within one win so pretty much both safe. West Ham are only 3 points above the drop zone but have either one or two games in hand on the others, and have the cushion that three teams would all need to better their results for them to actually go down. 

Southampton meanwhile look dead and buried, and surely unlikely to get 4 points more than Everton over the remainder of the season. So that leaves essentially a 4-team shootout for 16th and 17th between Leeds, Everton, Forest and Leicester, with Leicester on the lowest points but with the more favourable fixture list. Truthfully all 4 of them have been bad enough to deserve to be relegated this season, but two will survive. Any win that any of them can get at this point makes a huge difference. 

• Like 1