Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

On 02/05/2023 at 22:10, S-Platt said:

I know we all want teams to go down or stay up with differing opinions on why.

My question above the hatred or love of manager is this.

Who would be a challenger with us if they survive?

Leeds, Forest and Everton survive for me they would still be shit next year.

Leicester however have massively underachieved have some good players a good set up with training ground and so on.  I love Deano but if they did drop in the longer term that is better for us personally.

I am assuming Southampton are down and West Ham and above safe.

leeds and forest i agree, but i just have the slightest concern about everton. they're a big club with a shiny big new stadium on the way. i really want them to go down...plus i dont like them. forest or leeds staying up doesn't really bother me (though it would be funny for leeds to go down too) because as you say, they're still going to be shit.

definitely make a valid point regarding leicester. maddison will want a big move in the summer if they stay up but my gut says no one big enough will come in for him and he'll stay which will be massive for them. they'll come straight back up but they're definitely the team we'd want to go down the most based on purely footballing reasons

I’m edging towards Leeds and Leicester joining Southampton.

Looking forward to next weekend’s results when I find myself edging towards Forest and Everton as the ones marching with the saints…

Guest av1

Before tonight I’d have put my house on Forest going, but this result is huge. 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Before tonight I’d have put my house on Forest going, but this result is huge. 

3-2, it’s far from over yet. They’ve done well though to still be in with a chance of staying up. 

Edited by It's Your Round

Guest av1
3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

3-2, it’s far from over yet. They’ve done well though to still be in with a chance of staying up. 

To be fair I’ve had a really long day so I’ve just come to bed, had a quick look at the BBC website and saw 3-1. 

I didn’t realise there was so long left, and Forest do have recent history of chucking away leads, hence why I thought they would go. Big result if they can hold on though. 

28 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Leeds are fooked

I think they are, Southampton gone obviously but leeds will need another 5 points I reckon and with Newcastle, West Ham and spurs to play it’s hard to see where they will come from. The final position for me now is really looking like Leicester again looking at the fixtures and the way they defend I can’t see 5 points from Liverpool wolves and Newcastle. 

it’s annoying because I really wanted Everton to go down but I do think they are like we were circling the drain for a few seasons before dropping, I can’t see them being able to strengthen much in the summer if at all and I think they have a really week squad.

10 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

I think they are, Southampton gone obviously but leeds will need another 5 points I reckon and with Newcastle, West Ham and spurs to play it’s hard to see where they will come from. The final position for me now is really looking like Leicester again looking at the fixtures and the way they defend I can’t see 5 points from Liverpool wolves and Newcastle. 

it’s annoying because I really wanted Everton to go down but I do think they are like we were circling the drain for a few seasons before dropping, I can’t see them being able to strengthen much in the summer if at all and I think they have a really week squad.

This is why it's probably better Everton survive as they'll surely be gone next season anyway.

Leicester could recover and be a threat again.

The other option (Leeds or Forest) is much of a muchness in terms of long term threat, but I'll be a lot happier if it's Leeds.

So for me, its Leeds, Leicester and Southampton looking most likely,  and this makes me very happy (although slightly sorry for Dean).

11 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

tonight's result was massive for everton and they have a final game at home to bournemouth who will be on the beach. with wolves away prior to that which is also winnable they could be basically safe going into the final day anyway

just done a predictor and i have leicester, leeds, saints as my bottom 3...and that's with forest losing all their remaining 3 games

21 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Leicester will be fine.

They are in good hands.

Soton, Leeds and Everton will go down imo

Leicester have Liverpool and Newcastle don't they? Not many points there which will mean they have to do something at home to West Ham and it could even be all over by then.