Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

34 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Massive game tonight. Must not lose for both teams.

Looking forward to it squeaky bum time as our potato headed ex manager might say.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Hope leicester win.

Can only see a draw be very cagey game.

Maddison could be difference 

This. The consequences of getting beat for both, but particularly for everton are so dire that I expect a full on dycheball performance. Everyone behind the ball and play to nick the game 1-0 with about 30% possession.

Leicester (and deano) are incapable of playing that way so I expect they’ll fall right into the trap unfortunately.

Pretty much a straight shootout then, though Everton have a one-point handicap and Forest have a goal-difference handicap:

Leicester - ful / LIV / new / WHU

Leeds - mci / NEW / whu / TOT

Forest - SOU / che / ARS / pal

Everton - bri / MCI / wol / BOU

No more games against each other. Very hard to predict really: the round after next you'd have to expect all of them to get 0 points so the next round is key if Leicester or Forest can get something. 

How costly will that penalty miss be for leicester. Think they will struggle to pick up many more points. I fancy Everton to win their last two so maybe they will becrekying on forest and Leeds to not pick up many more points 

1 hour ago, 5-1 said:

As much as i love Dean, i'd rather Leicester went down than Everton. Leicester won't be as bad next year but Everton will. 

Quite true. Leicester should be no where near the relegation zone really. Everton just survived last year.

6 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Allardyce to Leeds .....how will that help Leeds 😭😂

It’s obviously a reaction to the disgraceful amount of goals they’re conceding at the moment.

You’ve got to wonder if there’s enough time for allardyce to come in, assess the squad he has a put his structured defence in place to get them to tighten up.

Going back to the bielsa days the team was built to try to win 4-3 and they’re reaping the consequences of that now.

This is pure cargo cult antics, kind of like Incas doing a human sacrifice to get better weather for their crops. There are 4 games left; in total there might be 15 or 20 training sessions max? There's no window. The defence are shite. He doesn't know any of the players. 

I mean, maybe it will work, but it won't work *because it worked*. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Bielsa ball to Allardyce hoof in barely more than a year. Spectacular.

They should have stuck with Bielsa imo.

As chaotic as it were you cannot argue they had a philosophy with him.

And if they were to be relegated under him which I don' think they would, he'd be a very good manager to take them back up.