Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

On 18/04/2023 at 03:55, Kiwivillan said:

Just looking Leeds run in. If they don't get a win next 2 they could be in big trouble

This is true, but then you look at Everton, Leicester, and Forest (assume Southampton already gone), and you'd say the same thing.

None of them look like they're trying to save themselves.

It really is a race to the bottom. 

Looking at the squads, Leicester should have the players most capable of winning games, but for whatever reason they're consistently failing.

I'd love a last day of the season where 2 from 4 could all go down (with 1 likely already decided). And I can see it happening.

Can also see a 5th 6th 7th 8th place battle involving us, spurs, Liverpool and Brighton.

Going to be an exciting finish to the season at both ends!

So today I’m torn on the Fulham Leeds game. I kind of don’t think Fulham can catch us as we are 8 points ahead which is to many to make up in 8 games and by desire to see Leeds go down is pushing me to a Fulham win draw would do as well I guess but I could then see Leeds somehow stopping up on goal difference. 

Palace Everton I would normally say given form a nailed on palace win but again like Leeds I could see them squeezing out of it but to do that I think they need to win today and could see them winning. 

Leicester wolves I would like Leicester to win and stay up ideally with Leeds and wolves going down.

Liverpool forests not much to be said there 

I would day aftee saints blew it yesterday they are 100% down. Their confidence will be shot to.pieces

Bournemouth i thought would be next but they have shown signs of life

Forest are also bankers for me.

Leaving one spot left (hoping its leeds)

26 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Remember 6 months ago, before Everton appointed him, when the general view was that Dyche could save basically any team from relegation?

Everton looked doomed before dyche went there, at least they have a fighting chance now.

This is not his team either 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Everton looked doomed before dyche went there, at least they have a fighting chance now.

This is not his team either 

He worked with a few of these players before

On for a 2nd relegation in a row

Edited by Zatman

2 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Remember 6 months ago, before Everton appointed him, when the general view was that Dyche could save basically any team from relegation?

Was like the time everybody said it with Big Sam and his last job was hopeless

Updated run in. Not going to bother with waiting for the Bournemouth-West Ham game to officially finish.

Have been bold and decided that West Ham, Wolves and Palace will live to fight another season.

I also think that Bournemouth are probably safe, but for the purposes of formatting symmetry they’re included.

IMG_8042.jpeg.f93e076362c339149f6ec9cd57659e91.jpeg

At this moment, joining the likely duo of Forest and Southampton, it’s close and it may well be a different answer on Tuesday night following the Leicester-Leeds game, but I’m leaning towards Everton. I think they have the trickier fixture list.

If I was an Everton supporter, my hopes at the moment would be based on the final two fixtures likely being dead rubber games. Whereas Leicester perhaps only have one and arguably Leeds too, but then if Spurs are fighting for a conference slot they probably won’t be much use.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Updated run in. Not going to bother with waiting for the Bournemouth-West Ham game to officially finish.

Have been bold and decided that West Ham, Wolves and Palace will live to fight another season.

I also think that Bournemouth are probably safe, but for the purposes of formatting symmetry they’re included.

IMG_8042.jpeg.f93e076362c339149f6ec9cd57659e91.jpeg

At this moment, joining the likely duo of Forest and Southampton, it’s close and it may well be a different answer on Tuesday night following the Leicester-Leeds game, but I’m leaning towards Everton. I think they have the trickier fixture list.

If I was an Everton supporter, my hopes at the moment would be based on the final two fixtures likely being dead rubber games. Whereas Leicester perhaps only have one and arguably Leeds too, but then if Spurs are fighting for a conference slot they probably won’t be much use.

just done a very quick predictor...obviously will be some twists and turns but i have southampton leeds and forest to go down. everton to stay up by a point

villa to finish 6th :)

• Like 2

Looking at the Leeds games. Leicester next up. That's a 6 pointer, Bournemouth away, after today doesn't seem so tough. West ham second last game who will be on the beach and then spurs at home and who knows where they will be.  Everton on the other hand are going to have to win at Leicester. Draws against relegation rivals may not be good enough