Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

So that leaves essentially a 4-team shootout for 16th and 17th between Leeds, Everton, Forest and Leicester, with Leicester on the lowest points but with the more favourable fixture list. Truthfully all 4 of them have been bad enough to deserve to be relegated this season, but two will survive. Any win that any of them can get at this point makes a huge difference. 

I think Forest will almost certainly go, they're fixture list is nasty

So one of Everton, Leeds or Leicester for the last drop place. Which is nice.

That second goal for the Spurs in the game against Bournemouth, I've seen a bunch of goals disallowed when a player (this time Harry Kane) is in an offside position and in the viewpoint of the keeper, yet this time the goal was given. It feels like they just allow the officials to make up the rules in regard to incidents like that. It's infuriating. 

Glad they lost though, can't stand Spurs. Credit to Bournemouth, the winner was a beautifully worked goal. 

Edited by MachoFantastico
  • Like 2

Unless a miracle happens, I can't see Leicester staying up. Southampton and Leicester are the likely candidates, who will go with them will be the exciting part. 

I still can't help but think it'll be Forest though. 

Edited by MachoFantastico

Forest, Everton and Leicester would be my picks. But it will most likely be Southampton instead of Everton.

Edited by jim

27 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Unless a miracle happens, I can't see Leicester staying up. Southampton and Leicester are the likely candidates, who will go with them will be the exciting part. 

I still can't help but think it'll be Forest though. 

Double relegation a bit harsh on Leicester

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just noticed Chelsea are doing a terrible job at looking after our old 11th placed home. We should have explained that you have to actually win some games in order to stay there! Palace are just 3 points behind them as it stands and in much better form. 

If there were more games left than there are, Chelsea would be in trouble but the looks of things. Shame. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

Just noticed Chelsea are doing a terrible job at looking after our old 11th placed home. We should have explained that you have to actually win some games in order to stay there! Palace are just 3 points behind them as it stands and in much better form. 

If there were more games left than there are, Chelsea would be in trouble but the looks of things. Shame. :)

The 10 points Tuchel got them is basically keeping them from relegation 🤣

West Ham are not completely out of it, but is now not likely they get dragged back into it. 
it’s between all teams below them for me (depending on the Leeds result).

southampton, Forest and Everton as my current guess. Leicester have a easier run coming up and maybe the new manager bounce. Leeds will survive again by a vert small margin.

While all the other teams down there benefited from Leeds losing, them going from a minus 15 to a minus 20 goal difference in particular helps out Leicester (-14) and Everton (-22).

Just those pesky points needed now.

7 games to go apart from West Ham who have 8 to play

A massive win for Bournemouth and the Dog Heads should see both of them safe now assuming they both get more points in the remaining games

No real surprise with the bottom 3 losing but i thought Everton may have got something from the Fulham game. Puts them right in it with the fixtures they have got left.

Leeds ripped apart again.

Bournemouth 33 - West Ham H - Southampton A - Leeds H - Chelsea H - Palace A - Man U H - Everton A

West Ham 31 - Bournemouth A - Liverpool H - Palace A - Man City A - Man Utd H - Brentford A - Leeds H - Leicester A

Leeds 29 - Fulham A - Leicester H - Bournemouth A - Man City A - Newcastle H - West Ham A - Spurs H

Everton 27 - Palace A - Newcastle H - Leicester A - Brighton A - Man City H - Wolves A - Bournemouth H

Nottm Forest 27 - Liverpool A - Brighton H - Brentford A - Southampton H - Chelsea A - Arsenal H - Palace A

Leicester 25 - Wolves H - Leeds A - Everton H - Fulham A - Liverpool H - Newcastle A - West Ham H

Southampton 23 - Arsenal A - Bournemouth H - Newcastle A - Forest A - Fulham H - Brighton A - Liverpool H 

Latest odds

spacer.png

The final day with Everton v Bournemouth, Palace v Forest and Leicester v West Ham, I thought at least one of those would be a grand standing relegation six pointer. Was rather looking forward to the potential drama.

One of them still could, but it looks increasingly unlikely. 

I think there’s a good chance they’ll all be important and play a part, but I wouldn’t be surprised if one team from each of those fixtures will be on the sun loungers.

If that does prove to be the case it would not be such good news for Leeds and Southampton (although I think it’s academic for the latter).