Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

Only just realised how well Bournemouth and Fulham are doing relative to what was generally expected of them, last season we came close with Everton and Leeds nearly going down, it wasn't to be, still a long way to go, and Bournemouth and or Fulham's form could take a drastic turn for the worse, but this season we could have one or two unexpected teams relegated as such we need to sort ourselves out, two of the next three away from home, and the home game is against Chelsea, so could be an awkward little run, tomorrow is a must win.

2 hours ago, useless said:

Only just realised how well Bournemouth and Fulham are doing relative to what was generally expected of them, last season we came close with Everton and Leeds nearly going down, it wasn't to be, still a long way to go, and Bournemouth and or Fulham's form could take a drastic turn for the worse, but this season we could have one or two unexpected teams relegated as such we need to sort ourselves out, two of the next three away from home, and the home game is against Chelsea, so could be an awkward little run, tomorrow is a must win.

We're fked. Had a just about the easiest start possible and completely blown it. 

21 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

We're fked. Had a just about the easiest start possible and completely blown it. 

We win tomorrow vs bottom of the league and we go 9th

We're poor and boring with some awful to watch football but **** and completely blown it are a bit of an exaggeration

37 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We win tomorrow vs bottom of the league and we go 9th

We're poor and boring with some awful to watch football but **** and completely blown it are a bit of an exaggeration

Good point. We have an easier game tomorrow but look at what happened at Bournemouth. I'm seriously worried about relegation this season especially with this dunce in charge. Meanwhile the board fannying about with stadium extensions etc at this rate we'll be closing half the trinity again 

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Leicester are in huge trouble going by this defending yesterday

Their new keeper has looked proper gash all season. They've lost Fofana and Schmeichel and look a shadow of the team defensively. I think Rodgers has just given up at this point, just waiting for his compensation.

5 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

6 pointer tonight massive game for both teams eek!

too right, the club has said a lot over the last 12-18 months that we are really trying to push now.

Its great to be a club that is involved in a 6 pointer at the top of the tab.......oh wait.

This is a 6 pointer for us pushing in a southerly direction?

tbf tho, i can see why Gerrard is struggling, its not like we have any real quality, i mean, what manager could work with players like Martinez, Digne, Carlos, Kamara, Luiz, Ramsey, Coutinho, Buendia etc, it must be tough, Gerrard is doing a great job in and around the drop zone tbh, i think we will do well to remember that, and if we can manage to scrape survival, we really should rejoice and maybe even build Gerrard a statue in memory of how he managed such a poor group of players to survival, truly on par with his Scottish league successes.

• 3 months later...

Bournemouth drop into the bottom three as it stands, I didn't realize they'd dropped that low. last time I took particular notice of them they were doing okay.

And now Southampton have come from behind to lead against Everton, not good for us for Southampton to find form just before we play against them.

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Bournemouth drop into the bottom three as it stands, I didn't realize they'd dropped that low. last time I took particular notice of them they were doing okay.

And now Southampton have come from behind to lead against Everton, not good for us for Southampton to find form just before we play against them.

Tbf, they usually beat us whether they're shit hot or in awful form when we go down there. 😬

• Like 1

Just looking way in advance for any possible last day of the season relegation battles.

Everton v Bournemouth 

Leicester v West Ham

My guess is that the first of those will prove to be more important.

Long way to go and it’s very close, but if I had to guess it would be Bournemouth, Everton and Southampton.