• Coutinho
    • Buendía (Coutinho 66)
    • Ramsey (Sanson 67)
    • Young (Casj 71)
    • Watkins (Ings 72)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/23 at 23:59

It's on the players and the manager. 

The keep Cash deep and have Aug push was very strange and there was a clear tactical instruction to keep the ball at all costs and not put crosses in. That resulted in a massive shit attacking performance. A very shit day from everyone, no one gets excluded (except Sanson tbf).

• Like 2

Just now, Made In Aston said:

I don't think we were great, but certainly didn't deserve to lose. 2 really poor moments cost us. Although the initial foul was outside the box, you can argue that it's playing the advantage. The foul in the box is a definite pen. Both could have been totally avoided if dendoncker hadn't forgetten how to play football.

The players collectively are at fault for the second for not closing down the short corner! then Olsen compounded it by not doing the basics right and covering the near post. 

Going out in the 3rd round 7 years on the trot is beyond embarrassing and must be some sort of record. 

We deserved to lose the second the team was chosen

• Thanks 1

That was completely unacceptable, an utter disgrace to not see that out. It was obvious that Stevenage would get a decent chance again yet we **** about with the ball unable to create another goal. What the hell Dendonker was thinking I’ll never know, and Leon Bailey, wow, his touch is abysmal. He wasted so many opportunities with shite dribbling/passing/crossing/shooting. He’s just not good enough I’m afraid. 

Fair play to Stevenage, they deserved that and will enjoy it big time. But Villa? I’m not happy. 

2 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

No point blaming Emery. Man's a proven, established winner unlike none of these wastes of space players bar Dibu. I'd rather **** them all off and give him a few years to build in his image tbh and if still bad then he can be blamed.

Nah he has to take his share of the blame for that.

Losing to a League Two side is completely unacceptable. 

• Like 2

We lack leadership on the pitch. Without it the likes of Couthino, Bailey, Watkins and Buendia will drift in and out of utter shitness during a game, and feel sorry for themselves most of the time. We have too many mentally fragile individuals who are mostly there for themselves.

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Kaden young would have done a better job. 

Then we can't also have a go about playing a second string side. Like it or not, and I'm liking it less by the day, Bailey is our only senior in that position.

Just now, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

I am 36 years old and this is, quite literally, the most embarrassing moment of my Villa supporting life. I don’t even remember being this humiliated when we got relegated. 

What about the time when you told all your glory hunting mates that no chance is Grealish going to City because he’s Mr Aston Villa.

Or the time Lescott pocket dialled a photo of his car to the whole internet.

Or when we signed all the “best” strikers in the Championship and one of them couldn’t climb over his garden fence.

Villa players routinely take the piss out of the club, and have done for years.

• Like 1

Just now, Pinebro said:

Martinez in goal and they don't score 2.

Mings and Konsa at the back they don't get a sniff.

We still had more than enough to beat them. That's just a fact. However, that doesn't mean you can take things for granted like we did.

Trott around playing tippy tappy between central midfield and back four.

Play ball to Bailey, who cuts in and blazes over.

Play ball to Coutinho, who cuts in and blazes over.

Rinse. Repeat. 🙄

Â