• Coutinho
    • Buendía (Coutinho 66)
    • Ramsey (Sanson 67)
    • Young (Casj 71)
    • Watkins (Ings 72)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/23 at 23:59

Just now, Stevo985 said:

One thing I would say is how long will it take for our club and/or our managers to finally realise we’re not good enough to play our second string in cup games?

But, quite a lot of that was our first…. Which is even more concerning. 

1 minute ago, jim said:

Can’t credit the manager when we win and absolve him of any blame when we don’t. Especially against a 3rd division team.

4th division. 4th.

I’m missing something here. Are people protest voting for Sanson? The guy was terrible today. Yes he took the goal well but he was generally terrible. Not good going either direction. I can see why no manager seems to give him any minutes! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

One thing I would say is how long will it take for our club and/or our managers to finally realise we’re not good enough to play our second string in cup games?

I don't have my UEFA A or B licence, but I can see that Robin Olsen is a teensy bit of a liability.

Just now, dubbs said:

It's just so annoying being a Villa fan.  That glimmer of hope when Emery came in is already beginning to look a tad dimmer.  There's got to be some sort of hoodoo on us.  We sack the manager and nothing changes, so we change the squad and nothing changes. Rinse and repeat.  

Don't despair. We have a good manager, I have no doubt, and we'll see some good footballers come through the door very soon.

If we didn’t have 3 games in the short amount of time recently we would have probably played Mings and one two others. But we should have scored 4/5 goals and seen it off. 

The defending all round for the second goal is a disgrace.

Just now, Herman22 said:

I’m missing something here. Are people protest voting for Sanson? The guy was terrible today. Yes he took the goal well but he was generally terrible. Not good going either direction. I can see why no manager seems to give him any minutes! 

Really? I did not watch the same game as you, clearly. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

best villa player on the pitch for me tbh

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

Nothing like a bit of casual racism to rub salt into the wounds

No racism there mate. Just predective text gone wrong. And yes I should of edited it. I meant every word about the team selections though...no offence intended to anyone!

wtf.  why is everyone writing off Emery after that.  Emery played it fine.  got the right balance looked at some fringe players and totally nullified stevenage as an attacking force.  Its easy to fix what went wrong today, just sack Dendonker tomorrow or relegate him to the reserves.

• Like 1

The first goal - casual, dangerous play on the edge of our box that led to our demise.

The second goal - how the hell were we so disorganised for their corner! We let one of their players waltz into the box. Then pathetic from Watkins and absolute sack of potatoes birthday blunder from Olsen.

So much work needs to be done with this squad. We need to be making the most of this transfer window...

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

But, quite a lot of that was our first…. Which is even more concerning. 

Coutinho, Dendoncker, chambers, Olsen, Augustinson, Bednarek, Sanson all second string players. And Bailey should be one

1 minute ago, Villa 59 said:

No racism there mate. Just predective text gone wrong. And yes I should of edited it. I meant every word about the team selections though...no offence intended to anyone!

You doubled down on it. 

Remove the post and we'll leave it there.

1 minute ago, Risso said:

You say that we were unlikely to win it. but there are 7 Premier League teams out already, and more all Premier League ties to come, where we would have had a straightforwardish away trip to Stoke.

We’ve just lost to a 4th division team at home. No away game is straightforward for us. We haven’t won an fa cup game since 2015!

2 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Sanson terrible? This has to be some sort of joke. He got on tonnes of ball and mostly used it well. He made some good runs in behind and constantly made himself available for the ball. Scored a goal obviously. If I had a criticism, it would be that he was a bit soft in the 50/50 challenges but I thought he was excellent for a player who has had no game time. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Coutinho, Dendoncker, chambers, Olsen, Augustinson, Bednarek, Sanson all second string players. And Bailey should be one

Some of them looked better v Wolves than what we started tbh. Guess impact sub role is all some of those are capable of but I thought Augustinsson looked more effective v Wolves than Digne for example.

Â