• Coutinho
    • Buendía (Coutinho 66)
    • Ramsey (Sanson 67)
    • Young (Casj 71)
    • Watkins (Ings 72)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/23 at 23:59

Just now, Villa 59 said:

Gud ebening.....I have come here to win a cup....but not this year has I've f****d up twice by playing shit teams.... especially the team today

You have a point. We could have beat United if for the senseless substitutions. Manager needs to take some responsibility here. 

Just now, mrbluesky said:

I think it's easy to say with hindsight that we should have played a stronger side; Emery is still getting to know the players, and if you can't play premier league back ups against a league 2 side, when can you play them? That team should have more than enough quality to win comfortably. 

Nothing wrong with the starting lineup. The problem we have is, we need better players full stop. 

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Can’t just be going through the motions at 1-0 like that against a motivated side.

Felt like a pre season friendly. No surprise the goal came from sloppy, casual play. The pass by Olsen was fine IMO, just terrible from Dendoncker.

Bailey had a mare, he’s got confidence issues. Feel like that miss against Wolves has really got to him.

Sanson the only real glimmer of hope, but I mean it was League Two opposition so who knows.

Luiz and Coutinho played ok. Augustinsson looked ok, seemed like a nasty injury though, imagine he’ll be out for a while.

All in all a shit day, and Emery can’t be churning out performances like that on a regular basis.

Bailey has attitude issues not confidence , he actually believes he is a good player, he actually isn’t.

Players weren't arsed. Bailey horrendous as was coutinho. We also badly need some wingers, we were so narrow it was untrue. Both full backs isolated out wide and Augustinsson final ball was rubbish. 

• Like 1

Just now, MrBlack said:

The starting 11 won, albeit not playing great.  It was the subs that turned us into shit. 

That said,  an enbarrassing performance from every single player, except sanson. And i agree,  nearly all of them should be sold. Those performances warrant being fined the weeks wages as a minimum. 

Olsen should never play for us again.

City are winning this Cup anyway, but would have been nice to get a win for the first time in 7 years

The starting XI were woeful despite being 1-0 up. Players continually giving the ball away. Stevenage sat deep and were relatively organised but did nothing that we wouldn't have expected from League Two opposition playing away from home. We were awful. 

Put it this way if this was Gerrard imagine the abuse he would get.  This is embarrassing and Emery has a lot to sort our with this bunch of losers. 

What do the stevenage players earn compared to ours. This shouldn't even have been a contest 

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

And after criticising the fans midweek, I have absolutely no problem hearing those words removed booed off the pitch.

They deserved worse than what they heard today. 

No urgency, no speed, no quality apart from 1 attack, no composure, terrible finishing. Pathetic. The kids would have done better. And we're a **** laughing stock in the FA Cup again. I'm sick of it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JB said:

Utterly shameful. There is something rotten at the core of this team. If that’s what we get under a manager of the quality of Emery, then we’re completely ****. 

Sorry mate but I didn't see any quality today from Emery, not against the Wolves to be honest!

• Like 1

I don't think we were great, but certainly didn't deserve to lose. 2 really poor moments cost us. Although the initial foul was outside the box, you can argue that it's playing the advantage. The foul in the box is a definite pen. Both could have been totally avoided if dendoncker hadn't forgetten how to play football.

The players collectively are at fault for the second for not closing down the short corner, then Olsen compounded it by not doing the basics right and covering the near post. 

Going out in the 3rd round 7 years on the trot is beyond embarrassing and must be some sort of record. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

They were both shit tbf.

One played poorly, but never kept trying to create, alway looked to run at the fullback, created a couple of chances and was involved in the goal and generally do what a winger is supposed to do.

The other a defensive midfielder, that can't control the ball, gives the ball away in his own third, gives away a peno, gets a red card, plays ponderous and slow all game, nearly did what happened for the peno I  the first half.

But they were both bad! I'd say one was poor, but gave it a good go. The other threw the game away, because he played carelessly the majority of the game, and paid for his negligence!

• Like 1

I don't blame team selection*, more than enough big names and quality put on that pitch, it's not like we played the u21s, it's not an excuse

We have some serious underperformers at the club stealing a wage (again)

* not a clue why he took sanson off

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â