• Coutinho
    • Buendía (Coutinho 66)
    • Ramsey (Sanson 67)
    • Young (Casj 71)
    • Watkins (Ings 72)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/23 at 23:59

11 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

This is what can happen when you disrespect cups and don't field your  strongest team.

We will never win another trophy if we don't take cups seriously.

I would normally agree but that team was more than strong enough to beat Stevenage. The main problem was that we played the game like a friendly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

Gud ebening.....I have come here to win a cup....but not this year has I've f****d up twice by playing shit teams.... especially the team today

Clown as in you not Unai

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 3

1 player played good, sanson, he was taken off after 65 minutes.

1 player was utter dog dirt and I mean totally shit Bailey, who stayed on for the entire time messing it up missing shots giving it away and adding the grand total of f all.

He needs to be dropped, I don't care he cried after missing an open goal v wolves, he's been gash for 5 ? 6 ? Games in a row for us.

Not just bad, utter shite.

Emery needs to look at young young because Bailey is a mess.

Donker ? A simple pass from the keeper, messes it up completely and commits 2 fouls he gets sent off and they gain the upper hand.

Add in big phils 5 or 6 crap wasteful shots to baileys 5 or 6 crap wasteful attempts, not 1 on target from either of them.

I'm not even angry,  it's like the Fulham game, you know changes will come because of the result which is yhe positive to take from this.

1 minute ago, HongKongVillan said:

This one is on him, should have taken this a bit more serious 

No issues with the lineup.  Think at the end we should have been more pragmatic. Fact that we were playing a 4th tier side probably clouded judgement.

2 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

**** me. 

There's a lot of overreaction on here most of the time, but I genuinely wouldn't be in the slightest bit bothered if we sold every single player from the starting XI today with the exception of Douglas Luiz.

The starting 11 won, albeit not playing great.  It was the subs that turned us into shit. 

That said,  an enbarrassing performance from every single player, except sanson. And i agree,  nearly all of them should be sold. Those performances warrant being fined the weeks wages as a minimum. 

Olsen should never play for us again.

City are winning this Cup anyway, but would have been nice to get a win for the first time in 7 years

Really, really bad day at the office.

Out of the cup at home against a side 3 divisions below. 

Not a single player did themselves any favours in terms of enhancing their first team opportunities.

We lost two players to injury and another for a suspension.

I don’t know if it gets much worse than that.

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

the team that was picked should have no problem in beating a team like Stevenage.

Martinez in goal and they don't score 2.

Mings and Konsa at the back they don't get a sniff.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

I think it's easy to say with hindsight that we should have played a stronger side; Emery is still getting to know the players, and if you can't play premier league back ups against a league 2 side, when can you play them? That team should have more than enough quality to win comfortably. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

This is what can happen when you disrespect cups and don't field your  strongest team.

We will never win another trophy if we don't take cups seriously.

That starting eleven shouldn't be struggling against a side like Stevenage. These players aren't kids - they're seasoned professionals. Bednarek, Cash and Dendoncker have just been at the World Cup. Augustinsson, Olsen, Luiz, Coutinho, Bailey and Ings have all played at International level too. 

Some of the changes were forced and some were tactical but we shouldn't have thrown that away. 

Dendoncker was shite for their first but, it was never a penalty and never a red. 

Ofr their second, Watkins was useless, just like he was for the Wolves goal the other night. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

How is the managers perfomance very poor, did you want Unai playing centre half

He picks the team, sets them up and motivates them. He has a stinker today.

Â