• Coutinho
    • Buendía (Coutinho 66)
    • Ramsey (Sanson 67)
    • Young (Casj 71)
    • Watkins (Ings 72)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/23 at 23:59

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I don't think we were great, but certainly didn't deserve to lose. 2 really poor moments cost us. 

Obviously we were the better team - we're a Premier League side against League Two opposition. But to say that two poor moments cost us is indefensible. We absolutely shouldn't be in that position: we should be creating and scoring more, and the bare minimum against such opposition sitting deep away from home is that we don't conceed - never mind two...

Edited by Troglodyte

6 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

I am 36 years old and this is, quite literally, the most embarrassing moment of my Villa supporting life. I don’t even remember being this humiliated when we got relegated. 

Think yourself lucky you are only 36 years old some of us go back to the mid 60’s

• Like 1

We wasted so many chances shooting (poorly) from distance (particularly Coutinho and Bailey) and barring the first half disallowed goal were never under pressure or risk of conceding.

then we had a typical two moments of complacency in which we threw the game away.

I don’t know what Dendonker was thinking but also exasperated at our poor play from the back in general. 

As for the corner - again stupidly switched off and paid the penalty for it.

of the few positives - Sanson looked good (and should’ve stayed on the pitch) and was good to see Ramsey back. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Deserved, the team thought this was a walk over and certainly wasnt. I like deondonker thought he is ok so far this season,but my word he deserves a few slaps on face

Dendoncker was appalling today and the red card just topped it off. Way too casual and not moving the ball anywhere near quickly enough. 

Shocking....

So what if we had high percentage possession ?....it means nothing 

We were awful, no pace, no speed, just walking about playing that hideous tippy tappy sh!te

Bailey was dreadful ........minus 1 million

At least we can now concentrate on the league! 😬

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

We were playing a league 2 side. The team we put out had much better players than the team we faced. 

Keep having this arrogance every year and watch us keep getting knocked out.

Don't care if we should have beat them.

It's a chance to win a trophy. I'd play the strongest team. Always. Don't care if we play Man City or Yeovil Town.

• Like 1

Ultimately, we are just a complete **** joke of a team with sh*tty, lazy players collecting way more money than they should be.

They have a weak mentality and they think too highly of themselves. 

Even Emery appears to have overestimated our quality and depth. 

Hopefully he can convince NSWE that we need a total overhaul between now and September. 

I want most of these players gone by then.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

You should able to leave a Prem team like us to play it's own tactics and beat League 2 team like Stevenage.

I don't blame Emery one bit, the team played like it was gonna be a walk in the park and got unstuck. You just cannot play any team like this, it's suicide.

Our team have been embarrassed and I'm sure Emery now knows the good and the bad.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

I am 36 years old and this is, quite literally, the most embarrassing moment of my Villa supporting life. I don’t even remember being this humiliated when we got relegated. 

the Bradford game was still a lot worse than this since it was 2 legs and a semi final

• Like 3

Â