• Coutinho
    • Buendía (Coutinho 66)
    • Ramsey (Sanson 67)
    • Young (Casj 71)
    • Watkins (Ings 72)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/23 at 23:59

25 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Crap squad.. that’s the only reason really… 

I'd like to agree, but when we play at pace, which we can, it's the best football I've ever seen us play. I think we killed off Brentford playing quick pacy football.

Still annoyed about it. I know we should move on but the whole performance and attitude was way of it. We had a favourable draw and a potential winnable tie in the fourth round but yet again failed to progress. I just hope this doesn't kill our league revival stone dead and end up with another pointless season.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It's been discussed in a few places but maybe not in this thread; the rules specifically say that in the case of holding a player that starts outside the box but ends in it, a penalty should be given

Thank you 🙏 just needed to put my mind at rest , out of curiosity do you agree with that rule? … personally i think it’s ridiculous 

Until our Archivers puts this thread in the Villa Talk archives somewhere please could it be renamed 'Villa v the Hertfordshire team beginning with s that shall not be mentioned'? I think that might help a little to start a process of healing and recovery?

• Like 2

Different manager, different players, same awfull result. We almost always manage to find a way to get ourselves knocked out in a poor way. I wasn't angry after the game, I wasn't upset, I just felt like new day, same s**te.

Obviously a poor game from all players. Yeah, Sanson scored a good goal, but he wasn't very good at all. No one really was. 

What I don't get is that the reactions on here. I actually thought there'd be more apathic reactions. Ok, this was one of the worst defeats. At home to a 4th division side. But it's happened before and it will happen again. 

It was a really poor game, a beyond poor result, but to judge players from this game is quite strange. None of them were focused. Of course they are better than this, each and everyone of them, but they believed their own hype far too much. That's why these results happens. 

I hate to go out of the cup this early, especially a season like this who's more or less over now, but I'm quite used to it. AFAICR we've been in 2 finals, lost both, and reached the semi once as long as I've followed the club, which is ca 83 or something. 4 league cup finals, winning two. A couple of semifinals there too. That's not many finals and semifinals spread over 40 years. It's a cup final every 20th year and a semifinal every 40th year and counting. No, two semifinals. We lost to chelsea too. I was thinking about liverpool 92. 

Anyway, awfull game, but... We go again. And now I'm running away from all the abuse from the lot of you. :D

Â