• Coutinho
    • Buendía (Coutinho 66)
    • Ramsey (Sanson 67)
    • Young (Casj 71)
    • Watkins (Ings 72)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/23 at 23:59

12 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

Gud ebening.....I have come here to win a cup....but not this year has I've f****d up twice by playing shit teams.... especially the team today

Nothing like a bit of casual racism to rub salt into the wounds

Edited by Newry_Villan
  • Like 1

Just now, Rodders said:

im not blaming the manager for that line up. **** off blaming Emery for that, they are miillionaires with PL experience who were given a chance against **** stevenage and they lost. **** the players. 

If it wasn't for FFP I'd happily sack every single one of that first 11, they disgraced themselves and this club again.

4 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

You can't blame the player selection, we were pretty much full strength when we conceded.

We started with 6 internationals, 3 of them were at the world cup, and 4 more ex internationals, sanson was our only uncapped player

And then the subs made us stronger!

Its not the line up, that's not the excuse today

Huge underlying mental problems at this club, the work rate and movement were absolutely **** garbage, Ive never seen a team as bad at moving and showing for the ball as villa, I just don't get it

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Keep having this arrogance every year and watch us keep getting knocked out.

Don't care if we should have beat them.

It's a chance to win a trophy. I'd play the strongest team. Always. Don't care if we play Man City or Yeovil Town.

In fairness, if you did this our squad depth would be rubbish because any decent bench players would f**k off after never getting a game. 

• Like 1

I’m not blaming the manager, he’s been giving these players the opportunity to show their worth, today they let him down through poor mentality and not being at it the full 90min.

Was the team selection a mistake, maybe, he could have gone best 11 and killed off the game early, but he gave these fringe players a chance to prove themselves, and they let him down.

Im disappointed, but now Emery may actually pull the trigger on some of these frauds.

Edited by QldVilla

Unai must have looked at that and wondered what the hell he has got himself into.  How does even fringe players do that.  They should’ve had more than enough on a bad day to win that game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Keep having this arrogance every year and watch us keep getting knocked out.

Don't care if we should have beat them.

It's a chance to win a trophy. I'd play the strongest team. Always. Don't care if we play Man City or Yeovil Town.

We are playing matches every few days at the moment. What’s the point of having a squad of multi million pound players if you never use them?

• Like 2

Ive never been so angry this season 😤 so i had to compose myself for the last 15 minutes before writing so here goes
We are a disgrace which is probably echoing what everyone else had said.

First things first , sanson was not our best player played average and only is perceived to have played good due to the goal, bailey needs to be sold or released  immediately as well as dendocker they both really annoyed me today, i just clicked anyone on MOTM  because nobody deserved it 🤷🏾‍♂️

Bednarek and augustinsson need their loans terminated tonight, olsen needs to f**k off by the morning, the more i see buendia and coutinho i get pissed off …. Signing Maguire after that performance will really be the final straw too 😤

Emery should have played Kaden Young today i have no idea why he didnt get a chance because he would be hungry and he is talented.

Only Luiz,Ings,martinez, mings, Kamara and maybe ramsey should be allowed to continue in this team because everyone else is bloody useless

i was looking forward to a decent FA cup run as well FFS i am fuming 🤬

I suspect this might be my last post on villatalk as I am probably going to be banned to the amount of vitriol aimed at one individual.  Den effing Donkey er.  what an absolute clearing.  yes true wasn't a vintage performance, but in all honesty we were cruising.  they offered nothing.   then the total fing tool bag almost deliberately sabotages us. if he was in a room with me now I would not be responsible for what I would do.  to say I never want to see him in a villa shirt again is an under statement.  I don't want to see him play football again.  I don't want to see him doing anything again.  if he was stacking shelves at my local asda I would leave the store for fear the shelves would fall on me.  I seriously think you should be able to sue him for his seasons wages after that.  I am so angry at him and him alone.  I hope with every bone in my body he's gone to some second tier team somewhere by tomorrow morning.  

2 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

Obviously we were the better team - we're a Premier League side against League Two opposition. But to say that two poor moments cost us is indefensible. We absolutely shouldn't be in that position: we should be creating and scoring more, and the bare minimum against such opposition sitting deep away from home is that we don't conceed - never mind two...

It doesn't matter what league either team is in. If the opposition park the bus very effectively then it's difficult to create much. 

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

If there's one positive from this it's that it makes it easier for Emery to be ruthless and cull the diseased deadwood.

Was gonna say the same. He should know now who needs binned off and who to keep.

Â