Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

Not sure why people are talking as if he's been a Wolves bench player, he's made thirty plus Premier League appearances for them in each of the last three seasons, he's started four of their five games this season, he's pretty much been a regular for them, that's a regular in a team who have been finishing in a position where we're trying to get to, he's also got thirty plus caps for Belgium which at them moment can't be an easy feat.

Anyone who's taken any notice of Wolves transfer activity over recent windows will know that they don't just sell players that can't get in their team, but will pretty much sell anyone, they have a buy to sell policy, if someone bid the right amount for Neves or Neto they would sell them.

As for whether we need him now I would have thought not, as we have Kamara as first choice DM, Luiz can play there, as can Nakamba, and we have Iroegbunam coming through, but all that said, maybe we don't see Luiz as a DM, he's better than Nakamba, Iroegbunam still young might go out on loan, and Dendoncker might also be being brought in as fourth choice defender.

It's not an exciting transfer by any stretch of the imagination, but also not a bad player at all and nowhere near as bad as some of the reactions in here would suggest..

• Like 2

I'm not particularly a fan of dendonker, but his aggression, workrate, and bite in the tackle.8s something we lack. Him alongside either Kamara or Luiz would be complimentary. But the midfield would need a passer that's also a goalscorer. 

My preferred 3 would still be Kamara, Luiz, and Ramsey. However Dendonker and McGinn to come in would be decent.

BBC are saying we are refusing to sell. Luiz. I bloody hope so as him and Kamara together has shown a bit of potential. 

Dendonker is a nasty, hard, bastard of a player, which we lack. Not disappointed by him at all. Underwhelmed for sure, not the class of player I was hoping for, but a solid combative option, which will help us.

Hoping we revive the Sarr deal, Moura is too old and inconsistent.

I think as a player he's fine but I don't really see where he fits in unless we play a 4-2-3-1 or a 3 at the back, neither of which I'm too sure will happen. He has qualities in terms of physicality, versatility etc that will add nicely to the squad but we have more glaring issues in the starting XI that he doesn't solve, so unless we also get one or two more in to sort that this one is leaving me quite cold for the moment.

He's been a proven decent midfielder at this level. Not sure I see how our midfield is going to contain him and McGinn without meaning that Luiz never plays and Sanson never even sees the bench. 

It's not going to be revolutionary, I'd rather see a change in the coaching to get the best of what we've got. He's 27 so these are his peak years, he'll have to be very good to get on some sell on value when he's 31...

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Not sure why people are talking as if he's been a Wolves bench player, he's made thirty plus Premier League appearances for them in each of the last three seasons, he's started four of their five games this season, he's pretty much been a regular for them, that's a regular in a team who have been finishing in a position where we're trying to get to, he's also got thirty plus caps for Belgium which at them moment can't be an easy feat.

I would suggest its got something to do with knowing or working with a Dingle....

"Eeees shite mar mate! Yow con av arr cast offs if yow loike, weem on the way oop!

Moind de gap arrr kid.....

2 minutes ago, AV82 said:

I cannot wait to see him and McGinn in the middle of the park.

image.thumb.png.f442a3645ec95986faaa998ade154b01.png

Yeah, pretty much what the lad i work with said. Jesus the though of him and McGinn in the middle of the park. May as well play with 9 men!

Â