Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

Just now, CVByrne said:

It's clearly not a panic buy. It's clear he fills a gap we have. We need some size and we needed experience.

Panic buy in the sense of "We still haven't plugged this hole.... Who's inexpensive and gettable with minimal fuss?" - That's just how I view it though, we all have our own views!

• Like 2

In a couple of years when Iroegbunum leaves on a free or is sold on the cheap with 12 months left because he hasn’t got any game time because of someone like this ahead of him, the same posters saying “well there was nothing we could do” on the Chukwuemeka and Douglas Luiz threads will be saying it on his. Meanwhile Dendocnker will be on loan in Turkey and we will be signing someone else below average. 

I actually quite like Dendoncker but it’s so obvious how this will play out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It's clearly not a panic buy. It's clear he fills a gap we have. We need some size and we needed experience.

Agreed, a good player who will give us some much need phyicality in midfield. Ings was a panic buy who doesn't and never will fit in at Villa. This is a good purchase.

I dont get the hate.

He isnt a "top" signing, but he may be the kind of player that the TEAM needs.

27 years old, physical, 6ft 2, able to offer some bite, height and physicality in to the team.

29 caps for a very, very good Belgium side, reasonable-ish fee.

He might not be a "top level signing", but he also might be what the TEAM needs.

We have a problem of too many individuals, or too many similar players, we need balance, and for me he would offer some balance in the midfield.

• Like 3

I have no idea how good he is or isn't so time to keep my mouth shut. I do wonder what he offers in midfield that is different from the players we already have?  Anyone any idea how this makes Gerrards system work better than it currently does?

Â