Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

I’m surprised at how many of you have seen him play! Are you closet dog heads? I’ve only ever seen him play against Villa and he’s scored a couple if I remember rightly. Other than that, he was largely forgettable. 

As others have said, he can accurately kick the round thing to a team mate, and stop the other guys destroying our midfield, he’ll be a better than nothing signing. 

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

I’m surprised at how many of you have seen him play! Are you closet dog heads? I’ve only ever seen him play against Villa and he’s scored a couple if I remember rightly. Other than that, he was largely forgettable. 

As others have said, he can accurately kick the round thing to a team mate, and stop the other guys destroying our midfield, he’ll be a better than nothing signing. 

Could apply to quite a few players lol. Like Shane Long and Danny Welbeck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

I don’t really get it. He’s best as a DM and we only play with one so unless he’s being signed as cover? 

Meh. 

Maybe we are going to play with 2 now, and that was the plan all along, may not be our 1st choice as 2nd DM but good enough. 

If he's just cover/an extra player to have around, then it's a harmless signing that could have upside, like Chambers.

If Dougie leaves and he's supposed to the replacement, it still leaves us with zero creativity in midfield and is a move backwards.

• Like 1

The more I think about this the more it makes sense. We just need a more defensive unit in the centre which he undoubtedly is.

Massively addresses the balance issue in the team whilst also offering height.

Cheap too.

5 minutes ago, Nigel said:

The more I think about this the more it makes sense. We just need a more defensive unit in the centre which he undoubtedly is.

Massively addresses the balance issue in the team whilst also offering height.

Cheap too.

When is the last time we had someone over 6ft in the middle of the park? I genuinely can't remember

Tammy was quite tall but not that physical.

Barkley?

Edited by The Fun Factory

34 minutes ago, TomC said:

If he's just cover/an extra player to have around, then it's a harmless signing that could have upside, like Chambers.

If Dougie leaves and he's supposed to the replacement, it still leaves us with zero creativity in midfield and is a move backwards.

But also pointless given we have Marv, Sanson doing nothing and Hause out on loan. I hope he turns out to be a good singing though.

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

When is the last time we had someone over 6ft in the middle of the park? I genuinely can't remember

Barkley?

Tim....for a few minutes

Its a good point though 

Edited by Nigel

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Barry must have been... but then I had a hunch about someone  else. Josh Onomah is apparently  6'1

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

It's shocking that the best we can come up with is a doghead cast off.

People thinking were shopping in Waitrose and going to get Tielemans but we end up with the home bargains version instead.

I can't believe we have sunk to this level.

Tbf in 3 full seasons he's played 38 games, 33 and 30 and then played 4 out of their 5 this season

He's not a cast off

He's kind of another McGinn imo.

Water carrier, lots of energy, running and hardwork but very limited technical ability. 

Not really what we need imo. Good squad cover for McGinn, but Nakamba already provides that.

As cover/replacement for a more technical player like Luiz I don't think it's a great signing, in fact I think it's a downgrade, and just another midfielder in the same mould as the ones we already have.

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

Batshuayi

Januzaj

Mignolat

To name a few….all national teams have a couple of bang average players….I mean Brazil even played Wes.

Januzaj has been a regular for Real Sociedad for the last 5-6 years, a team who always finish in the top 6 in Spain and play Europa League football. Even so, he's not been a regular for his country like Dendoncker has.

39 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's kind of another McGinn imo.

Water carrier, lots of energy, running and hardwork but very limited technical ability. 

Not really what we need imo. Good squad cover for McGinn, but Nakamba already provides that.

As cover/replacement for a more technical player like Luiz I don't think it's a great signing, in fact I think it's a downgrade, and just another midfielder in the same mould as the ones we already have.

I have a dingles season ticket holder mate  who says the same - not one to get over excited about!

• Like 1

Â