Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

£10m for a Belgian international with over 120 appearances in the Premier League is a cracking price. We miss a player of his ilk too, he's an upgrade on Nakamba. 

A year ago we would never have gotten him through the door, and Wolves fans would have been screwing. Fallen out of favour a touch, but their manager appears to be a charlatan also. 

Good bit of business this. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

£10m for a Belgian international with over 120 appearances in the Premier League is a cracking price. We miss a player of his ilk too, he's an upgrade on Nakamba. 

A year ago we would never have gotten him through the door, and Wolves fans would have been screwing. Fallen out of favour a touch, but their manager appears to be a charlatan also. 

An upgrade on our 5th choice midfielder. Woop

I think he's decent. Haven't watched whatever shitshow Gerrard is inflicting on you this season but he's an upgrade on some of your midfield.

If you play with a 3 of him, McGinn and Kamara you're going to look awful though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Especially since some of our fans seem to think  " International " = Top Class automatically. lol

Surely they can't contradict themselves now?

Wouldn't be a terrible signing. I'm willing to reserve judgement until we see him in a Villa shirt. Certainly the fact that he's apparently not been great for Wolves recently doesn't mean he won't do well here. I just hope he doesn't have to spend too long playing under Gerrard.

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why would Neves come here? I think we need to be a bit more realistic regarding the situation we are in. 

T'was a joke, apologies, it's probably not the right time for such things.

FWIW I'm not a big fan of Dendonker, but I can see he has some attributes that we lack.

• Like 1

Â