Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

If he signals the beginning of a 4231 he could be the greatest signing in modern history. Either that or he signals the exit of Douglas Luiz and the beginning of the end for Gerrard. Ho hum.

He will be a good signing. We are a team that is weak physically and mentally. He will help with both of those. He is also experienced in the league, just about to hit his peak years and probably lives local. This is a good signing. It will hopefully mean we play with 2 defensive midfielders or that Boubs will play further forward.

Wasn't he the player wolves brought on when. 2 nil down at VP and our midfield went to pots and we ended up conceding 3 goals. In last 10 minutes. 

He might not be exciting but he's a big unit and would give us that missing steel in the middle. 

Just now, The_Steve said:

Looks like we will pivot towards two DMs with Kamara. Push Luiz to an 8 and drop McGinn. Sorry Stevie. 

No this move frees up McGinn so he can do what he's good at and we can play a midfielder that can't run pass tackle shoot create or lead

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Didnt he batter us a few years ago ? He scored against us as well if i remember correctly?

Kieffer Moore at Bournemouth battered and scored against us as well.

Maybe we should sign him while were at it.

Edited by AshVilla

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Didnt he batter us a few years ago ? He scored against us as well if i remember correctly?

He did yes - I always thought he looked good against us. We need bodies and experienced heads in midfield. It makes sense in the current climate. 

2 minutes ago, Joshie2000 said:

Wasn't he the player wolves brought on when. 2 nil down at VP and our midfield went to pots and we ended up conceding 3 goals. In last 10 minutes. 

Off topic but I always think we lost that game when we took Cash off for Young. If I had to pinpoint one decision by Smith that cost him his job it would be that one - no wonder some managers are reluctant to make subs…

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We make a lot of opposition players look good!

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Kieffer Moore at Bournemouth battered and scored against us as well.

Maybe we should sign him while were at it.

Is he a belgian international too.?

Edited by Demitri_C

Some of you lot need to be kept away from sharp objects today. It's not a particularly exciting signing, but he's a solid player, that made 30 odd appearances for a side that finished above us last season.

If it does mean we're going for a double pivot, I'm hoping to see Tim get plenty of minutes, he's looked ready when we've seen him, but you can't rely on a player of his age and experience as a starter every week just yet. 

Â