Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

I just don't think we need him.

We already have Sanson, Luiz, Kamara, Mcginn, Ramsey and Nakamba hell include Iroegbunam into the mix too. Ok not all of them are playing as well or as good as we'd like but can anyone honestly tell me Dendoncker is a sure fire improvement? He's not is he? He's just another body that most likely will just end being a marginal improvement over what we already have.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baldricks Cunning Plan said:

Approx £12m

O.k so a bit like Targett then.

It's only a good signing if we properly use and start him otherwise we're just replacing Luiz who has been regular starter over last three years with someone to just warm the bench or play the odd game at CB.

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I just don't think we need him.

We already have Sanson, Luiz, Kamara, Mcginn, Ramsey and Nakamba hell include Iroegbunam into the mix too. 

Unlikely, but we could lose Luiz, Nakamba and Sanson today.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

O.k so a bit like Targett then.

It's only a good signing if we properly use and start him otherwise we're just replacing Luiz who has been regular starter over last three years with someone to just warm the bench or play the odd game at CB.

Yep in the Luiz thread people are saying it’s good business selling him so we get a fee, but if we have to spunk £12m on this guy we are just downgrading our team for £8m.

Just spoke to the wolves fan i work with, he said he is crap and he would drive him to Villa Park, then said he will fit in with the rest of the S*** ...... Tw@t 

• Haha 2

Not a bad signing, reeks of panic but when you look at it objectively, he ticks a lot of boxes.

Our midfield seems to be too lighweight (physically, we don't need to talk about the ridiculous shape and tactics), so an experienced Belgian international who's a bit of a unit, quite tall, will see us go in the right direction to beef it up. Is he coming in as the 4th centre back? I don't know, but seems a relatively functional and somewhat inexpensive (in footballing terms anyway) signing.

Just now, Risso said:

Good news. Ornstein is generally as reliable as Percy so unless we pull out again, that's one in.

Adds what we've been missing in midfield too. Bit of physicality. Is also a very experienced Premier League player and it's a good price. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Not a bad signing, reeks of panic but when you look at it objectively, he ticks a lot of boxes.

Our midfield seems to be too lighweight (physically, we don't need to talk about the ridiculous shape and tactics), so an experienced Belgian international who's a bit of a unit, quite tall, will see us go in the right direction to beef it up. Is he coming in as the 4th centre back? I don't know, but seems a relatively functional and somewhat inexpensive (in footballing terms anyway) signing.

It's clearly not a panic buy. It's clear he fills a gap we have. We need some size and we needed experience.

• Like 2

Â