Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

He's got a bit of size and just does the basics very, very well...unfortunately it's been a long time since we've had players that can do that. 

His control, passing and reading of the game is not flashy but he almost always chooses, and carries out, a sensible option (very importantly, a sensible option is not just the 'safe option')

Was one point today where Mings and Konsa were split fairly wide apart and straight away he recognises the danger and sits between them, next ball into the box , he is putting his head on it.

When Kamara is fully fit it's gonna be interesting to see how our midfield will shape up, I thought it was straight like for like exchange for Dendoncker but not so sure anymore.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Dendoncker has been a pleasant surprise. For somebody that doesnt look super dynamic but he covers a lot of ground and sometimes bursts into the box when its unexpected

I thought the club had lost their marbles when we signed Dendoncker, but I so happy that I have been proven wrong on this one. 

My MOTM today.  Covered so much ground.  Allowed Luiz to operate in space and execute passes, was a target for longer balls late in the game, got tackles in, won headers and used the ball well.  Outstanding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

kamara has some work to do to force his way back into this team. he and luiz are forming a nice partnership

Strongly disagree with this. Kamara is much much much better. Even when he came on today after injury, he oozes class in my opinion. I think Dendoncker is doing well but he can be slow and sluggish, and he tired badly today. Luiz and Kamara should be the first two names on the team sheet for me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, viivvaa66 said:

I thought the club had lost their marbles when we signed Dendoncker, but I so happy that I have been proven wrong on this one. 

He’s always been a tidy player. The real concern the day we signed him was that it was because we were selling Douglas Luiz which would have been a big mistake. As an addition to the squad it was a smart move. We don’t have a bad collection of players here at all.

Â